A TIG welder is a great tool for exhaust repair and fabrication. It allows you to weld thin metals with precision and accuracy. With the right TIG welder, you can fabricate exhaust systems from scratch and make repairs to existing systems. The best TIG welder for exhaust work will have features that make it easy to use and provide the necessary power and control for the job.With so many tig welder for exhaust brands on the market like W Weldpro, PRIMEWELD, Lincoln Electric, YESWELDER, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. Weldpro Digital TIG 200GD AC DC 200 Amp Tig/S
- Weldpro’s flagship 200 amp AC/DC TIG welder that goes beyond simply welding steel and aluminum. AND NOW WITH A FULL 3 YEAR WARRANTY!
- The model 200 is also a digital designed TIG welder equipped with full function TIG welding features found on machines priced much higher.
- Start and end amps, upslope, downslope, fully adjustable pulse, AC balance, AC frequency. 2T-4T
- Excellent Professional design rocker style foot pedal without annoying intermediate amperage control. And now available with the optional CK Worldwide superflex cable and flex head number 17F torch with independent trigger switch.
- Also fully capable MMA stick welding function with stinger included.
2. PRIMEWELD TIG225X 225 Amp IGBT AC DC Tig/Stic
- 225AMPS TIG/STICK WELDER WITH PULSE FUNCTION WORKS GREAT WITH ALUMINUM, STAINLESS STEEL AND THINNER METALS
- CK Worldwide 17 Series Superflex TIG Torch with Flex Head AND CK SUPERFLEX HOSE, ALSO INCLUDES CK DINSE CONNECTOR USA MADE
- 200HRTZ on PULSE FREQ AND AC FREQ will do 1/4″ aluminum and 3/8″ mild steel and 110/220 volts and is capable of welding 7018, 6013
- Both HF start hand torch control and precise foot pedal welding heat control
- Advanced Inverter Technology with PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) Using IGBT technology
3. Square Wave TIG 200 TIG Welder
- The user interface makes machine setup easy. Available features, such as Pulse, which provides a drumbeat-like rhythm for filler metal deposition, make you become a better TIG welder – faster.
- A Great TIG Machine for Aluminum -xa0For a wider or tighter welding bead, users can easily adjust AC Frequency Control. AC Balance can be adjusted to provide more cleaning action on dirty aluminum or to maximize penetration on thick materials.
- TIG and Stick from One Power Source -xa0The multi-process machine can TIG weld when precision and bead appearance are important. Users also have the advantage of stick welding capability for outdoor work or thicker materials.
- Take it Everywhere, Plug in Anywhere.xa0-xa0Plug in the Square Wave TIG 200 where you need it – a standard 120V circuit or 230V for maximum output. Portable and convenient to use, only 46 lb (21 kg).
4. YESWELDER TIG-250P 250 Amp AC/DC Aluminum Tig
- [TIG WELDER AC/DC] Software Controlled Square Wave AC/DC TIG inverter welder (Foot pedal is not included in the product).
- [DIGITAL SET] Pre Gas Time, Start Current, Up Slope and Down Slope Time, Finish Current Level and Post Gas.
- [2T/4T] Time with the choice of 2T or 4T trigger function allows control of the welding process at a professional level from start to finish.
- [AUTOSAVE] Automatically save your welding parameters while powered off. Auto recovery of last time’s welding parameters.
- [UNIQUE AIR CHANNEL DESIGN] Increases the heat dissipation of the power device, control circuits, minimizes dust absorption, thereby greatly improving longevity and reliability.
5. Weldpro 200 Amp MIG210LCD Dual Voltage 115V/2
- Weldpro’s flagship 200 amp multi function MIG welder with LCD display. Now with exciting new added features and easy access menus offers amazing versatility for more precise welding results.
- The model 210 LCD is also capable of true lift TIG welding as well as stick welding and aluminum welding with the optional spool gun. The MIG 210LCD is not only an intuitive synergically designed MIG / Flux Core welding machine, but now offers the option for total independent voltage and wire speed control.
- MIG, Stick or Lift TIG welding all from a single compact, space-saving unit. Welding Amperage Ranges230V: MIG: 40-200A; MMA: 20-180A; TIG: 20-180A. 30% at 200 Amp rated duty cycle
- Added new features include in MIG Mode, Run-In, Spot Weld, Gas Choice, Synergic or Full Manual controls, on screen polarity swapping for Flux Core vs Gas MIG. and in Stick (MMA) mode, On screen electrode type choices, Hot Start, and Arc Force.
- Color LCD display easy to read and set amperage and wire speed for repeatable welds every time. VRD high temp and overload protection with indication. User adjustable inductance settings.
Best tig welder for exhaust Buying guide
When looking for a TIG welder for exhaust systems, the most important thing to consider is the amperage of the welder. You’ll want to choose a welder that has an amperage range that is suitable for the thickness of the exhaust material you’ll be welding. It’s important to make sure that the amperage range is high enough so that you can get a good weld without having to move the torch too quickly. Additionally, you’ll want to look for a welder with a smooth arc that can handle a variety of materials and is easy to use.
You’ll also want to consider the size and portability of the welder as exhaust systems can require welding in tight spaces. Look for a welder that is lightweight, compact, and has a long power cord. It’s also important to make sure the welder is compatible with the type of shielding gas you plan to use.
Finally, you’ll want to make sure the welder you choose is durable and reliable. Look for welders that are made of high-quality materials, have a long warranty, and come with a wide range of accessories. This will help ensure that your welder will last for many years and give you the best results.