With so many drum sander for small shop brands on the market like Shop Fox, Grizzly Industrial, Jet, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. Shop Fox W1854 Open-End Drum Sander, 18″
- Sanding motor: 1-1/2 HP, 110V, single-phase, 15 amps
- Drum surface speed: 4000 FPM
- Conveyor feed rate: variable, 0-12 FPM
- Maximum stock dimensions: 36″ wide x 4-1/2″ thick
- Minimum board length: 6″
2. SHOP FOX W1678 5 HP 26-Inch Drum Sander
- Powder coated paint
- Minimum board length: 9-Inch
- Hinged hood
- Dual 4-Inch dust ports
- Amplifier meter to indicate load
3. Grizzly Industrial G0458Z – 18″ 1-1/2 HP Open
- Click on the image for description.
4. JET JWDS-1020, 10-Inch Benchtop Drum Sander,
- CONSISTENT QUALITY: Heavy-duty die-cast aluminum and steel body provides rigidity
- OPTIMAL FEED RATES: Infinitely-variable speed control allows the user to choose the perfect feed rate
- FAST ABRASIVE CHANGES: Toolless abrasive take-up fasteners make changes quick and easy
- PROTECTION FROM HEAT: Extruded aluminum drum is designed to dissipate heat and protect wood from heat-damage
- SOLID BOARD SUPPORT: Precision-flattened reinforced steel conveyor bed supports the boards passing under the sanding drum
- OPEN ENDED DESIGN: Allows for up to 20″ of sanding capacity with two passes
5. Shop Fox W1772-37″ 10 HP Drum Sander
- Sanding drum motor: 10 HP, 240V, single-phase, TEFC, 1725 RPM
- Conveyor motor: 1/3 HP
- Drum surface speed: 2800 FPM
- Max. board width: 36-1/2″
- Max. board thickness: 4″
Best drum sander for small shop Buying guide
When it comes to sanding, drum sanders are the way to go for a small shop. Drum sanders are the most efficient and effective way to get a smooth finish on wood, and they come in a variety of sizes and styles to fit your needs. Here are some things to consider when shopping for the best drum sander for your small shop.
Size: Choose a drum sander that fits the size of your shop. If you have a small shop, you’ll want to look for a compact model that won’t take up too much space.
Sanding Capacity: Consider the size of the sanding surface and the thickness of materials you’ll be sanding. Look for a drum sander with a wide enough sanding capacity to get the job done.
Dust Collection: A good dust collection system is essential for any shop. Look for a drum sander with an efficient dust collection system to keep your shop clean.
Speed and Power: Look for a drum sander with adjustable speed and power to get the job done quickly and easily.
Price: Drum sanders come in a variety of price range to fit all budgets. Consider your budget when shopping for the best drum sander for your small shop.