An air fed welding helmet is a piece of protective headgear specifically designed to shield welders from the intense light and heat generated by welding arcs. It also filters out any hazardous fumes or particles created by the welding process. The air fed welding helmet is the best form of protection for welders as it provides a constant flow of air to the face while welding, ensuring maximum safety and comfort.With so many air fed welding helmet brands on the market like Lincoln Electric, 3M, YESWELDER, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. Lincoln K3930-1 PAPR (Powered Air-Purifying R
- Premium Optics – 4C Lens Technology, 1/1/1/1 Optical Clarity and vertical 12.5 sq. inch viewing area
- Patented Air Delivery – Unique baffling allows the user to adjust airflow direction
- HEPA Filter – Multi-compontent filter system provides 99.97% particulate filtration at 0.3 microns
- Intelligent Blower – LED display, audible & vibratory alerts, automatic speed adjustments
- Lithium Ion Battery – reachargable 8-9 hour battery outpaces performance of competing systems
2. 3M Speedglas Heavy-Duty Welding Helmet G5-01
- The G5-01 welding filter features 3M Natural Colour technology which makes the filter view seem lighter, more detailed and colourful. Auto-ON/OFF.
- Speedglas welding filter G5-01 offers variable dark shades 5, 8-13 and tack welding comfort mode. May be utilized for most types of arc welding.
- The big (104 x 170 mm), clear protective visor is curved, with excellent views up, down and peripherally.
- For more control over your comfort, the innovative G5-01 helmet airflow optimization system lets you direct the airflow to either your face, visor or somewhere in-between.
- Re-configure your helmet using many of our additional accessories to find the right coverage and protection for you. Some of these optional accessories include: task light assembly, 1000 Assigned Protection Factor (APF) assembly, high-visibility head cover, leather head/neck cover, and more.
3. YESWELDER Powered Air Purifying Respirator Au
- Click on the image for description.
4. 3M PAPR Respirator, Versaflo Powered Air Puri
- KIT INCLUDES: Respiratory hard hat assembly, PAPR unit, battery and charger, belt, particulate filter, filter cover, spark arrestor, pre-filter, breathing tube, and airflow indicator
- RESPIRATORY PROTECTION: When used in accordance with its NIOSH approval and user instructions, TR-300N-plus provides protection against particulates Not intended for vapors or gases and not an intrinsically safe system
- EASY TO USE: Simple, one-button operation (2 types of alarms – 1 audible and 1 LED); breathing tubes featuring 3M Quick Release Swivel (QRS) connection; and pre-calibrated PAPR
- STAY COOL: Uses a blower instead of lung power to draw air through the filter This lets you breathe more naturally and stay comfortable in hot, humid conditions
- COMFORTABLE DESIGN: Hard hat is lightweight and well-balanced Includes 6-point textile straps, premium visor made of coated polycarbonate, and premium faceseal made of flame-resistant polyester
- SLIM PROFILE: Designed for use in tight spaces, and its smooth, contoured outer surfaces may be less prone to snagging on nearby objects
- HIGH CAPACITY LITHIUM-ION BATTERY: Run time with new battery pack, clean filter and full charge is approximately 8-12 hours allowing you to work for extended periods of time
5. 3M Speedglas Welding Helmet 9100 Air with Wel
- INCLUDES: 9100 Air Welding Helmet, Speedgla 9100XXI ADF, Adflo Blower Unit with Cover, Flow Indicator, Self-Adjusting Breathing Tube, Lithium-Ion Battery, Lithium-Ion Battery Charger, Leather Belt, HE Filter, Spark Arrestor, Prefilter, SideWindows Coverplate (x 2), Speedglas Starter Kit (5 outside protection plates, 2 inside protection plates, sweatband), and Black Carrying Bag
- BREATHE EASIER: Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) continually filters the air, providing enhanced respiratory protection and comfort while wearing the welding helmet
- GRAB AND GO: Auto-on feature of the 9100XXi ADF turns the welding filter on to your most recent welding setting whenever you pick up the helmet and automatically shuts down after a period of inactivity
- BOOST PRODUCTION AND REDUCE NECK STRAIN: Auto darkening filter reduces the need to flip the welding helmet up and down between torch placements reducing the stop-and-start time needed with passive lens welding helmets. This feature can also reduce neck strain while increasing the accuracy of electronic placement
- RECHARGEABLE LITHIUM-ION BATTERY: Typically charges to 80% capacity in approximately 3 hours and to 100% capacity in approximately 6.5 hours. Expected operating time is 8-10 hours with a new particulate filter and new, fully charged battery
- For industrial/occupational use only. Not for consumer sale or use.
Best air fed welding helmet Buying guide
When it comes to selecting an air fed welding helmet, there are several factors to consider. First, the welding helmet should be comfortable and lightweight, as you’ll be wearing it for extended periods of time. It should also be adjustable so that you can customize the fit. Additionally, it should offer adjustable shade levels so that you can adjust the level of protection based on the type of welding you’re doing.
Another important factor to consider is the viewing area. The larger the viewing area, the better. This will allow you to see your welding projects more clearly and make adjustments and corrections as needed. Additionally, the viewing area should be made of polycarbonate and should be anti-fog and scratch-resistant.
Finally, an air fed welding helmet should offer enough air flow to keep you cool and comfortable. It should also include a filter that traps airborne particles and contaminants so that you can breathe clean air. It should also be easy to clean and maintain.