TIG welding is a versatile and precise form of welding that is ideal for use on stainless steel. The best gas for TIG welding stainless steel is argon, a colorless, odorless, tasteless, nonflammable gas. Argon provides superior arc stability, produces a higher quality weld, and offers greater penetration than other gases. Additionally, argon is relatively inexpensive, making it the ideal choice for welding stainless steel.With so many gas for tig welding stainless steel brands on the market like bestarc, Eastwood, CNA Fabrication, SÜA WELDING TECHNOLOGIES, LAPCO, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. Welding Kit, Folding Pentagon Ball Hexahedron
- High strength, high wear resistance and durability
- Standard pentagonal welding plate can create DIY welding by itself, or challenge welding it into a spherical shape
- Welding coupons are helpful for professionals and beginners to practice, and long-term practice is very helpful for improving welding technology
- This product is stainless steel welding coupon, including 12 pieces
- Suitable for construction engineering, machinery manufacturing, garden iron, auto parts, DIY exercises, etc.
2. Eastwood Tig 200 Amp Dc Welder 110/240V Nema
- Designed For The Enthusiast Wanting The Benefits Of Tig Welding Steel And Stainlessxa0Steel
- Included Finger On/Off Switch For Additional Arc Starting Option
- Internal Pre Gas Flow Set At 0.5 Sec And Post Gas Flow Set At 5 Sec
- 10-200 Amp Dc Output Inverter Power Supply
- 1/4″ Capacity In Steel And Stainless Steel
3. Welding Kit – 11 Gauge 304 Stainless Steel Cu
- Get straight to the good stuff… welding
- Save time sourcing, cutting and preparing practice materials
- Ready-to-weld training kit contains six perfectly cut stainless steel squares
- Grab your gloves, welding hood, and torch of choice and test your welding skills
- Laser cut in USA with USA stainless steel because it matters
4. ER308L – TIG Stainless Steel Rod – 36″ x 0.04
- For welding 19% chromium – 9% nickel austenitic stainless steels such as 304L, 308 L as well as stabilized grades 321 and 347. The maximum carbon content of less than 0.03% preserves the intergranular corrosion resistant properties of the weld deposit and weld zone, yielding x-ray quality welds
- Common applications include stainless steel fabrication of dairy, food or restaurant equipment, chemical tanks and general purpose applications where corrosion conditions are only a moderate concern; suitable for cryogenic applications
- Recommended TIG Welding Parameters – DCEN (DC-) – Recommended Tungsten use 2% Thoriated, 2% Ceriated, 2% or 1.5% Lanthanated or Rare Earth – Shielding gas use 100% Argon or Argon/Helium for greater penetration and higher speeds
- ***READ THIS: Main image is for reference only. Please check Picture #2 for an approximate quantity of rods per pound***
- Available diameters: 0.030″, 0.035″, 0.045″, 1/16″, 3/32″, 1/8″, 5/32″ and 3/16″. Available Packages: 1 Lb, 2 Lb, 5 Lb, 10 Lb and 11Lb. Select your choice from the size menu options.
5. LAPCO Welding Shirts for Men, Non FR Mid Weig
- LAPCO WELD SHIRT: This men’s welding shirt is built to survive a tough working environment and is specially designed to include various features for welder comfort and functionality
- HEAVY DUTY DESIGN: Has 4 lock stitched rows on the front placket to prevent unraveling and double needle stitched on pockets, flaps, and shoulder seams
- WESTERN STYLE: Front and back features a western yoke; Made of 100% 8.5 oz cotton twill with stainless steel snaps and has double chest pockets with snap closure
- MEN’S SIZES: This midweight, khaki, long sleeve shirt is non flame resistant and available in men’s sizes Small to 5XL with the choice between Regular or Long lengths
- LEADER IN FR APPAREL: LAPCO is a respected manufacturer in the flame resistant and industrial workwear sectors; We specialize in bringing you comfortable, high-quality clothing and work gear
Best gas for tig welding stainless steel Buying guide
When purchasing gas for TIG welding stainless steel, there are several elements to consider. First, consider the type of stainless steel being used. Different grades of stainless steel require different gas mixtures. For example, a gas mixture of 90% helium and 10% argon is typically recommended for stainless steel with a 300 series grade, while a gas mixture of 75% argon and 25% helium is suggested for 400 series grade stainless steel. Make sure to select the right mixture to ensure the best welds.
Next, consider the thickness of the metal being welded. Thicker stainless steel will require a higher flow rate of gas as well as a higher amperage. Make sure to select a gas that can provide the necessary flow rate to ensure the weld is successful.
Finally, consider the environment in which the welding is taking place. If the area is windy, a shielding gas with a higher pressure can help keep the weld area free of contaminants. Additionally, the surrounding environment should be free from combustible materials to ensure safety.
By considering these elements and selecting the appropriate gas mixture, you can ensure you purchase the best gas for TIG welding stainless steel.