Aluminium MIG welding is a process of welding two pieces of aluminium together using a welding machine and a welding wire. The best gas for aluminium MIG welding is an argon-based shielding gas. This type of gas creates an inert atmosphere that protects the weld from oxidation and other contaminants. It also helps to create a more even and consistent weld. Additionally, argon-based shielding gas helps to create a smoother and more precise weld bead.With so many gas for aluminium mig welding brands on the market like Walfront, SereneLife, YESWELDER, TOOLIOM, AZZUNO, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. Welding Spool Gun Aluminium Air Cooled Gas We
- Closed spool box–The closed spool box enables convenient internal spool hub tension adjustment, making the operation easier.
- Transparent design–Transparent design will keep the steel wire clean, which simplifies the observation to steel wire supply as well.
- 200A–Ensures 200A under 60% duty cycle, and the rated value is 200A in CO2 welding, 180A in mixed gases welding.
- Application–For the manufacturing of aluminium alloy, trailer, sign, car and ship maintenance, and use in high altitude areas.
- ABS material–Premium ABS material has great durability for long term use, and the air cooled also promises sufficient cooling.
2. SereneLife MIG Welder Flux Core Welding Machi
- 130 AMP MIG STYLE WELDER: Mig welder is easier for beginners than tig or stick style welders. Includes welding gun, ground wire clip (1.6m), Included accessories, cleaning brush, protective mask, 110v adapter
- GAS OR FLUX CORE: Digital MIG Welding Machine uses 0.6-0.8mm flux-cored wire. Can also be used with gas setup
- FULL BRIDGE CIRCUIT: Full bridge circuit provides professional level stability. Make sure to avoid models with only half bridge circuits. 60% rated duty cycle allows you to weld for six minutes then rest for four minutes
- DUAL VOLTAGE 110V/220V: MIG welder includes 220v plug and 110v adapter, machine features up to output that allows you to weld steel up to 0.08” plate steel. Supports, wire feeder 24V w/ 0.7KVA/1.8KVA maximum and minimum power
- ADJUSTABLE SPEED WIRE FEED: Adjust up to 6.7m per minute, dial in the perfect weld. Test data supports stable performance & output voltage. Automatically adjust the inverter pulse width through closed-loop control to ensure output stability
3. YESWELDER MIG-250 PRO Aluminum MIG Welder, 25
- Multi-functions -MIG synergistic setting & MIG manual setting, Gasless Flux wire MIG Welds, stick welds, and Lift TIG welds. Dynamic control-set arc control to crisp or soft depending on your preference and application. (TIG torch and SPOOL GUN need purchasing separately, WP-17V-35,LBT150)
- Synergic MIG -provides communication between the power source, feeder, and gun. Easy work with new welders or users.
- Gasless Flux MIG welds -release hard moving of gas cylinder, release the low efficiency of stick welds, and work with gasless flux wire perfectly
- Various Welding Wire Suitable for all kinds of welding requirements .023”/.030”/.035” solid/SS wire, .023”/.030”/.035” flux core wire for MIG manual setting; only .035” available in MIG synergistic setting .035”/.045” aluminum wire.
4. TOOLIOM 200M MIG Welder 3 in 1 Flux MIG/Solid
- Synergic Control: The welding parameter is built-in with precise data. It will choose the voltage, amperage and feeding speed that is needed based on welder data, making it much easier for new welders.
- Multi-functions in one machine: Suitable for MMA, Lift TIG, flux MIG, gas MIG
- Powerful Machine: Up to 200A output current that can weld mild up to 5/32 inch (4.0mm) plate.
- Big enough to apply to 2 and 10 pounds rolls of wire. Ready to feed .030″(0.8mm) with solid core wire, and .035″ (0.9mm)with flux core wire.Can Handle E7018 basic electrode.
- Dual voltage input design: Welding machine can be plugged into 110（120）V / 220(230)V dual voltage (Automatic fitting).
5. AZZUNO 200A MIG Welder,110V/220V Dual Voltage
- 4 in 1 Welding Machine:This is a multifunctional welding machine,suitable for MMA, Lift TIG, flux MIG, gas MIG,4 welding modes for you to choose.
- Synergic Control: Adjusting the amperage or choosing different wire thicknesses,the voltage and wire feeding speed will automatically change.Even a beginner can easily use it.
- Gas/Gasless Welding: You can choose Flux Core Wire(Gasless) or Solid Wire(Gas). This Welder Can handle 2 lb and 10 lb rolls of wire 0.8mm~1.0mm Flux Core Wire/Solid Wire, MAX Welding Thickness 4.5mm.
- Lift TIG/ARC Welding: Lift TIG available,TIG Torch fits WP17V, not included in the package.TIG Welding thickness 0.5MM-3MM, Suitable for thin work-pieces such as stainless steel, alloy steel, carbon steel etc.Arc Welding fits rods E7018, E6013.
- Powerful And Safe Machine:This 200A Welding machine can weld mild up to 4.0mm plate,equipped with overload and overheating system,feel free to use,it’s very safe.
Best gas for aluminium mig welding Buying guide
When searching for the best gas for MIG welding aluminum, look for a blend that contains 90-97% argon and 3-10% CO2. Argon is the primary shielding gas used for MIG welding aluminum and provides the best arc stability and penetration. CO2 is used in smaller amounts to increase the heat of the weld and increase the penetration of the arc. A higher CO2 content will increase the weld penetration but can also make the weld more porous. If the CO2 content is too high, you may need to reduce the current or wire feed speed to produce a quality weld. The gas should also be moisture and oil free to ensure a clean and consistent weld. Make sure to purchase the right size and type of gas cylinder for the type of welding you are doing. The cylinder should have a flow regulator and pressure gauge so that you can easily adjust the flow and pressure of the gas to suit your welding.