The Best Budget Planer Thicknesser is a powerful and reliable tool that helps you to create smooth, even surfaces on your woodworking projects. It is a great choice for professionals and hobbyists alike, as it is both efficient and affordable. With its adjustable cutting depth, adjustable feed rate and easy-to-use design, the Best Budget Planer Thicknesser is a great tool to have in your workshop.With so many budget planer thicknesser brands on the market like DEWALT, WEN, Craftsman, Jet, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. DEWALT Planer, Thickness Planer, 13-Inch, 3 K
- Powerful 15-AMP, 20,000 RPM motor (10,000 RPM cutterhead speed) handles larger cuts in wider materials with ease
- Three knife cutter-head delivers 30-percent longer knife life and makes knife change faster and easier
- Two speed gear box allows users to change feed speed to optimizing cuts per inch at 96 or 179 CPI
- Fan-assisted chip ejection vacuums chips off of the cutter-head and exhausts them out of the machine
2. WEN PL1326 15-Amp 13-Inch Spiral Benchtop Thi
- Spiral cutterhead utilizes 26 staggered and rotatable HSS blades for a clean, smooth finish
- Onboard material removal gauge informs users about the cutting depth of each pass
- Plane boards up to 6 inches thick and 13 inches wide
- 15A motor generates 10,000 RPM at a 26 feet per minute feed rate
3. CRAFTSMAN Planer, 15 Amp, For Benchtops, Two
- HARD AND SOFT WOOD MATERIAL REMOVAL: 15 Amp motor of the woodworking planer provides power for both hard and soft wood material removal
- MAXIMUM STOCK REMOVAL: The thickness planer features Poly-V Cutterhead drive for maximum stock removal
- SMOOTH OPERATION: The wood planer featuring two knife, quick change, solid steel cutter head mounted on ball bearings, assures smooth operation and long life
- LONG CUTTING LIFE: High carbon steel, double edged, reversible knives for long cutting life
- CLEANER WORKSPACE: Vacuum port for dust collection
4. WEN PL1252 15-Amp 12.5-Inch Two-Blade Benchto
- Plane boards up to 6 inches thick and 12.5 inches wide
- 15A motor generates 20,000 cuts per minute at a 26 feet per minute feed rate
- Includes two reversible 12.5-inch SK5 blades (model BP122K)
- Adjust the depth of anywhere from 0 to 1/8 of an inch with each pass
5. JET JWP-13BT, 13-Inch Benchtop Planer, Helica
- SMOOTH CUTS: Helical-style cutter head, with easy-to-change blades, provides a clean cuts.
- REDUCED SNIPE: Precision machined cast iron bed and steel cover assists in keeping boards flat.
- POWERFUL MOTOR: 2-HP 15-amp motor turns the cutter head at 10,000 RPM.
- MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY: Dual infeed speed control for either 18 fpm or 26 fpm, maximizes cut efficiency on different wood material types.
- FOUR POST DESIGN: For maximum control and support of cutter head in reference to work piece and cast table.
Best budget planer thicknesser Buying guide
If you’re looking for a planer thicknesser that won’t break the bank, there are a few key features to look for. First, make sure the machine has enough power to handle the type of material you’ll be using. A low-powered machine won’t be able to handle thicker boards, while a more powerful machine will be able to handle any type of workpiece. Additionally, look for a planer thicknesser with a large cutting capacity, so you know you’ll be able to get the job done in one pass. Finally, choose a planer thicknesser with adjustable blades and feeds, so you can customize the machine to suit your needs.