The best angle grinder to cut steel is one that is powerful enough to make the cuts quickly and precisely, while also being able to handle the strength and heat of the metal. It should also have a comfortable handle and be lightweight enough to maneuver easily. The right angle grinder can make quick work of cutting through steel and other tough materials, making it a versatile tool to have in any workshop.With so many angle grinder to cut steel brands on the market like Makita, Avid Power, Shall, WORX, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. Makita XAG04Z 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless
- Automatic Speed Change technology adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance
- Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT) turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is suddenly forced to stop
- The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The electronically-controlled BL Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
2. AVID POWER Angle Grinder, 7.5-Amp 4-1/2 inch
- Powerful Grinder Tool – Equipped with 7.5 Amps motor with 900W max output power, this portable grinder can produce no-load speed of 11000RPM for most demanding applications.
- Ergonomic Design – This metal grinder is slim, lightweight, and compact, providing better comfort and reduce fatigue in professional cutting and grinding applications.
- Convenient Operation – Integrated spindle lock on the disc grinder is for quicker and easier abrasive wheels replacement; 2-Position auxiliary handle position for greater control, comfort & versatility in all applications.
- Safety Protection & Durable – During operation, the protective cover of the side grinder will prevent sparks and metal chips during use to protect you from injury.
- Package Included – Please pay attention to safety protection before proceeding. An Handheld Grinder, 2 x Metal grinding wheels, 2 x Cutting wheels, 1 x Side handle, 1 x Spanner, 1 x Flap discs, user manual and US based customer service.
3. SHALL Angle Grinder Tool 7.5Amp 4-1/2 Inch Gr
- ???? Note that there are 3 cutting discs wrapped in the clear plastic film, pls tear off the film to take them out. Pls feel free to contact us If you receive the product missing parts, we will provide replacement service immediately.
- ✅ [Super Power] Equipped with a 7.5 Amps motor along with a 900W maximum power output, the unique power output of this 4-1/2 angle grinder can produce a no-load speed of 12000RPM, giving it fast cutting and grinding capacity
- ✅ [Safety & Convenience Design] It comes with 2 different types of Tool-Free wheel guards specifically designed to protect the users during cutting and grinding. Additionally, the slide switch has a lock-off/on feature for easy operation and the raised spindle lock makes it easy and safe to change its accessories
- ✅ [Compact & Lightweight] Narrow and lightweight body at just 3.7 pounds gives the grinders power tool a comfortable grip that makes users encounter less fatigue even in prolonged use.
- ✅ [Ergonomic Design] The angle grinder has an ergonomic 2-position side handle made of non-slip rubber which gives you added control and comfort for different angles and materials. The slide switch designed in the middle is friendly to both left and right hands
- ✅ [Universal Size] This 4-1/2 inch grinder tool has a 7/8” arbor with a spindle size range of 5/8” -11” threaded.
- ✅ [Components Included] An angle grinder, 2 x Wheel guards, 3 x Cutting wheels, 3 x Flap discs(60 grit), 1 x Side handle and 2 x Carbon brushes. With 2 extra carbon brushes, it gives twice the motor life over others
- ✅ The electric metal grinder features efficient vent system and dust ejection. Ideal for cutting, sharpening, removing dust and surface preparation
- ???? Pls feel free to contact us if you have any questions or problems with the angle grinder tool, we are sure to help you solve the problem.
4. WORX 20V 3” Cordless Mini Cutter WX801L.1 Co
- [ Ergonomic Design ] – WORX Angle Grinder weighs only 3.4 pounds (tool only),which is compact and light weight. Ergonomic design for one-hand operation and good approachability, even in narrow spaces and overhead work.
- [Highly Versatile] Highly versatile for different materials, ideal for cutting metal materials, tile, thin concrete, plastic and more.
- [ High Cutting Efficiency ] – WORX mini cutter features a powerful motor to produce 19500 no load RPM for cutting metal, tile, and plastic materials.
- [Longer Runtime] With a 2.0Ah battery, WX801L.1 is able to cut 71 pieces M8mm rebar, twice than other cutter competitors in the market.
- [SHARE BATTERIES, SAVE MONEY] – WORX Power Share is compatible with all WORX 20v, 40v and 80v tools, outdoor power and lifestyle products.
5. Makita 9557PBX1 4-1/2″ Paddle Switch Cut-Off/
- Powerful 7.5 AMP motor for high output power in a more compact tool (only 4.5 pounds)
- Small diameter barrel grip (only 2 to 1/2 inches) for added comfort
- Labyrinth construction seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris for longer tool life
- Lock on/off feature for continuous operation
- AC/DC switch for use with alternative power source
- Protective zig zig varnish seals the armature from dust and debris for longer tool life
- Extra large paddle switch for comfortable operation
- Thicker coil wires are wound more closely to reduce heat and energy loss
- All ball bearing design and metal gear housing for durability
- (1) 4 1/2inches General Purpose Turbo Rim Diamond Blade A 94552
- Aluminum case
- 4 4 1/2 grinding wheels
- Diamond wheel
- Metal gear housing
- Paddle switch; (5) 4 1/2 inches 24 Grit Grinding Wheels
Best angle grinder to cut steel Buying guide
When selecting an angle grinder for cutting steel, the most important considerations are the size and power of the tool, the disc size, and the safety features.
Size and Power: Angle grinders come in a variety of sizes, from small handheld models to large, powerful stationary models. For cutting steel, it is important to choose a model with enough power to get the job done. Look for an angle grinder with at least a 4 amp motor and a no-load speed of at least 10,000 revolutions per minute (RPM).
Disc Size: The size of the disc is important when cutting steel. Select an angle grinder with a disc size of at least 4.5 inches. This will ensure that the grinder has enough power to easily cut through the steel.
Safety Features: Safety is an important consideration when using any power tool. Look for an angle grinder that has a safety guard, an adjustable handle, and a safety switch. This will ensure that you can use the grinder safely and efficiently.
By considering the size and power, the disc size, and the safety features, you can select the best angle grinder for cutting steel.