A thickness planer is an essential tool for any woodworker or carpenter. It is used to make precise cuts on wood surfaces and to create smooth, level surfaces. With the right planer, you can save time and money on projects, and ensure the best possible results. The best affordable thickness planer is one that offers high-quality performance at an affordable price. It should have adjustable depth settings, a large planing surface, and a powerful motor. It should also be easy to use and maintain.With so many affordable thickness planer brands on the market like Mophorn, POWERTEC, DEWALT, WEN, Delta, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. Mophorn Thickness Planer 12.5inch Thickness P
- 【PREMIUM QUALITY】- 1800W high-power wood planer machine, with 4pcs cutter blades, all-metal workbench, and steel floor stand. With max cutting width of 13″ (330mm), cutting thickness of 0.2″-6″ (5-150mm), blade speed of 9000rpm, and feeding rate of 315″/min (8m/min).
- 【CONVENIENT OPERATION】- A crank handle for easy adjustment of the height of cutter head; scale ruler for precise machining; grooves on both sides are designed for easy mobility; automatic feeding design is available, able to auto-feed the materials.
- 【CONSIDERATE DESIGN】- The dust exhaust interface can connect to dust collectors for easy cleanup of the flying wood chips to cultivate a clean working environment; the detachable & heavy-duty stand is available for more strong fixation of the wood planer.
- 【RELIABILITY & SAFETY】- Equipped with power-off protection electromagnetic switch, the overcurrent protector, can be tripped when the motor is overloaded.
- 【WIDE APPLICATION】- Wood planer benchtop is designed for planing of old, weathered, rough and worn wood, and giving it an exceptionally smooth finish. Wood planer thickness can be used for planning wood, bamboo, lining nylon, etc.
2. POWERTEC PL1252 15 Amp 2-Blade Benchtop Thick
- FUNCTION: This portable thickness planer serves as an essential tool and workhorse for a wide range of professional and DIY woodworking projects – specifically designed to repurpose wood (old, weathered and worn wood), while giving it an extraordinarily smooth finish
- EFFECTIVE: Has a heavy duty, anti-wobble base that’s ultra sturdy – providing a non-marring benchtop planer surface that will support an assortment of plane boards up to 12.5” wide and 6” thick
- POWERFUL: Combines an impressive 15 amp motor with an innovative 2 blade cutting system that delivers deep cuts into your hard woods (raw oak, pallet wood, walnut lumber) and more
- QUICK: A stainless steel precision cutter head allows this planer to deliver over 18,800 cuts per minute with a 9,400 RPM
- PRODUCT WARRANTY: Includes a 1 year limited manufacturer warranty for quality assurance
3. DEWALT Planer, Thickness Planer, 13-Inch, 3 K
- Powerful 15-AMP, 20,000 RPM motor (10,000 RPM cutterhead speed) handles larger cuts in wider materials with ease
- Three knife cutter-head delivers 30-percent longer knife life and makes knife change faster and easier
- Two speed gear box allows users to change feed speed to optimizing cuts per inch at 96 or 179 CPI
- Fan-assisted chip ejection vacuums chips off of the cutter-head and exhausts them out of the machine
4. WEN PL1326 15-Amp 13-Inch Spiral Benchtop Thi
- Spiral cutterhead utilizes 26 staggered and rotatable HSS blades for a clean, smooth finish
- Onboard material removal gauge informs users about the cutting depth of each pass
- Plane boards up to 6 inches thick and 13 inches wide
- 15A motor generates 10,000 RPM at a 26 feet per minute feed rate
5. Delta Power Tools 22-555 13 In Portable Thick
- Powerful 15A motor capable of handling the most demanding jobs
- Four column design provides excellent stability for smooth, accurate planning
- Quick-change knife system with dual edge disposable knives lets you change knives without difficult to use alignment jigs
- Adjustable infeed and outfeed tables to better support long pieces and reduce snipe
- Reversible dust port allows you to collect chips from the right or left side of planer.Machine Dimensions: 21-5/8 x 23-5/8 x 20-1/8 inches
- Two polyurethane feed rollers for a no-slip grip on the workpiece; positioned close to the cutterhead to improve workpiece finish
Best affordable thickness planer Buying guide
When looking for an affordable thickness planer, there are a few key features to consider. First, determine the size of the planer you’ll need. Smaller planers are typically more affordable, but if you regularly work with larger pieces of wood, you’ll need to look for a bigger model. Consider the planer’s power source—most models run on electricity, while some are powered by gas or even battery. Think about the depth of cut you’ll need, as well as the width of the boards you’ll be running through the planer. Finally, take a look at the maximum speed of the planer, as this will affect the amount of time it takes to finish a job. Be sure to read customer reviews to get an idea of the quality of the planer before you buy.