The best sander for wood floors is one that can provide a smooth, even finish while being easy to use. There are many different types of sanders available, from electric drum sanders to orbital sanders, each with their own advantages. No matter what type of sander you choose, make sure it has the power and features to handle the job. With the right sander, you can restore the beauty of your wood floors in no time.With so many sander for wood floors brands on the market like Rust-Oleum, Oreck, Jellas, BOSCH, Rubbermaid, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. Varathane 203939 ezV Floor Finish Sander
- Ideal for removing previous coatings or finishes from wood floors
- Works up to 5x faster than conventional DIY sanders
- Counter-rotating three-head design efficiently tackles even the largest sanding jobs with ease
- Collects sawdust and residue as it works
- Check and empty vacuum bag frequently
2. Oreck Orbiter Multi-Purpose Floor Cleaner, Sc
- TILE CLEANER: Helps remove grout stains of tile floors and helps to restore marble
- DEEP CLEAN CARPETS: Removes those tough to remove set in stains and dirt.
- SANDS AND STRIPS: Simple to refinish those old hardwood floors.
- DON’T FORGET YOUR ACCESSORIES: Pads, scrubbers, and solutions sold separately
- COVERAGE: 13″ cleaning path with Random Orbital Drive
3. Jellas 5-Inch Random Orbital Sander with 18Pc
- ▶【360°Rotating Base Plate & 6 Adjustable Speeds 】Dual-Action Random 360°Rotating Sanding Base Plate, it can rotate and vibrate. Ensures that the sanding surface is natural without traces and increase the grinding efficiency by 30%. 6 Adjustable speed dial supports you to monitor the exactly right speed according to different work. You can choose the most fitting speed from sanding to polishing.
- ▶【18Pcs Sandpapers】Supplied Sanding Discs 5-inch 18Pcs(3pcs 60 grits,3pcs 80 grits, 3pcs 120 grits,3pcs 180 grits,3pcs 240 grits,3pcs 320 grits), 6 different grains from coarse to fine. Choose to use them according to the sanding effect you want to meet your different applications of removing paint from wood, metal, and plastic. Hand sanders for wood Hook-and-loop disc attachment contains over 35,000 long-life hooks ensure form grip of the disc.
- ▶ 【High Dust Collection Efficiency】This electric sander has 8 vacuum holes; The dust bag has higher dust collection efficiency than the dust box; Dust bag has air permeability,It can prevent dust from entering the motor again, extending the service life of the orbital sander. Ideal for the DIY homeowner.
- ▶【Rubberized & Ergonomical】The sander machine is small in size, light in weight; it is wrapped in soft rubber to reduce vibration and improve comfort; handheld design, easy to operate with one hand. Jellas orbital sander can revent hand numbness, and reduce fatigue caused by long-term use.
- ▶【Powerful Operating System & Notice】 Its premium pure copper motor works up to 13000 rpm. The maximum power can reach to 2.5Amp. Good heat resistance and good cooling system prevent burn-in due to overheating when use for a long time. Notice: Not suitable for wall sanding, dust of the wall is too thin to block the collecting system.
4. BOSCH Power Tools – GET75-6N – Electric Orbit
- Dual mode: Provides 2 sanding modes, random orbit mode for normal stock removal or fine finishing and “turbo” Driven eccentric orbit mode for aggressive stock removal at 5 times the rate of the normal random orbit sanding mode
- Variable speed: The GET75 6N comes with a powerful 7. 5 amp variable speed motor (no load speed: 290 to 640 RPM, no load orbit speed: 3300 to 7300 OPM) provide power, flexibility for jobs
- Ease of use: Get fast, smooth finishes on a variety of surfaces
- Passive dust collection system: Passive dust collection system that requires a vacuum cleaner and hoses; Accepts Bosch VAC001, VAC009 and VAC010 hoses (sold separately) or a Bosch VAC002 hose adapter (included)
- Orbital sander Package includes: The GET75 6N unit includes 1 (1) soft backing pad, 1 (1) hex pad wrench, 1 (1) sanding disc, 1 (1) removable front handle, 2 (2) vacuum hose adapters; Perfect for normal removal, most sanding jobs, wood floors, furniture finishing and polishing applications
- Turbo mode – has direct-drive rotation for 3x stock removal of standard random-orbit mode, for an alternative to a belt sander
- Multi-hole pad system – allows flexibility so tool can use a wide variety of abrasive discs
5. Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Microfiber Floor Clea
- MULTI-SURFACE USE: Safe to use on all floor types including hardwood, vinyl, laminate and tile
- 50% MORE DIRT PICKUP: Microfiber cleaning pad picks up 50% more dirt and dust per swipe than traditional mops
- WON’T HARM SURFACES: Non-scratch scrubber for stubborn spots
- REFILLABLE BOTTLE: 22 ounce refillable bottle allows you to mix your own solution
- EASY TO USE: Simply fill the bottle with hot water and two teaspoons of your favorite cleaning solution and you’re ready to mop
- MACHINE WASHABLE PADS: Microfiber pads are reusable and machine washable up to 100 times
- NO BATTERIES REQUIRED: Non-battery operated spray trigger allows you to dispense as much or as little solution as you need to clean your floor
- GREAT DESIGN: Constructed with durable, yet lightweight material
- CONTENTS INCLUDE: 1 Spray Mop, 2 Refillable Bottles, 3 Reusable Microfiber Mopping Pads, 1 User Manual
Best sander for wood floors Buying guide
When selecting the best sander for wood floors, consider the size of the area you plan to sand, the type of wood floor you have and the type of finish you’d like to achieve. For larger areas, an orbital sander or belt sander is preferable as they will remove more material in less time. For smaller areas, an edge sander or palm sander may be more suitable. Depending on the type of wood floor you have, you may need to use a specific grit of sandpaper. If you’d like to achieve a natural look, opt for a sander with a dust collection system to minimize dust and debris. Finally, make sure the sander has variable speed control for accurate sanding and a comfortable handle for extended use.