The best generator for 220V welder is one that is specifically designed to power your welder. It should be powerful enough to handle the wattage requirements of your welder, and should be equipped with the right outlets for plugging in your welder. It should also be able to handle any additional load that is placed on it by other welders or tools. It should also be reliable, efficient, and durable.With so many generator for 220v welder brands on the market like DuroMax, W Weldpro, Tomahawk Power, Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment, Champion Power Equipment, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. DuroMax XP13000EH Dual Fuel Portable Generato
- POWERFUL DUROMAX ENGINE: The XP13000EH is powered by a 500cc OHV Duromax Engine. Engine Speed-3600 RPM. Wheel Diameter-10-Inches .With Gasoline : Peak Wattage – 13,000., Running Wattage – 10,500., Running Amperage at 120V – 87.5., Running Amperage at 240V – 43.75., Runtime at 25% Load – 17., Runtime at 50% Load – 8With Propane : Peak Wattage – 12,350., Running Wattage – 9,975., Running Amperage at 120V – 83.13., Running Amperage at 240V – 41.56., Runtime at 25% Load – 13., Runtime at 50% Load – 6Please read the detailed safety instructions in the manual before operating.
- DUAL FUEL TECHNOLOGY: The ability to run on Propane or Gasoline allows the Freedom and Flexibility of Fuel Choice.
- PLENTY OF POWER: With 13,000 starting watts and 10,500 watts, this unit can handle heavy loads from lights, refrigerators, home conditioners and high amperage power tools.
- MAXIMUM POWER: The power panel includes a wide selection of outlets for maximum compatibility in your applications including: 1 120/240V 50A heavy duty outlet, 1 120/240V 30A twist lock outlet, 1 120V 30A twist lock outlet, and 2 120V 20A household outlets.
- POWERING EVERYONE ANYWHERE: Like all DuroMax generators, the XP13000EH is EPA and CARB approved for use in all 50 states.
- Complies with Emissions Standards – All DuroMax generators are both approved by the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) and CARB (California Air Resources Board) and follow strict guidelines to ensure our generators are as environmentally friendly as possible.
- With Gasoline : Peak Wattage – 13,000., Running Wattage – 10,500., Running Amperage at 120V – 87.5., Running Amperage at 240V – 43.75., Runtime at 25% Load – 17., Runtime at 50% Load – 8
- With Propane : Peak Wattage – 12,350., Running Wattage – 9,975., Running Amperage at 120V – 83.13., Running Amperage at 240V – 41.56., Runtime at 25% Load – 13., Runtime at 50% Load – 6
- Please read the detailed safety instructions in the manual before operating.
2. Weldpro Digital TIG 200GD AC DC 200 Amp Tig/S
- Weldpro’s flagship 200 amp AC/DC TIG welder that goes beyond simply welding steel and aluminum. AND NOW WITH A FULL 3 YEAR WARRANTY!
- The model 200 is also a digital designed TIG welder equipped with full function TIG welding features found on machines priced much higher.
- Start and end amps, upslope, downslope, fully adjustable pulse, AC balance, AC frequency. 2T-4T
- Excellent Professional design rocker style foot pedal without annoying intermediate amperage control. And now available with the optional CK Worldwide superflex cable and flex head number 17F torch with independent trigger switch.
- Also fully capable MMA stick welding function with stinger included.
3. TOMAHAWK 15 HP Engine Driven Portable 2,000 W
- TIG, Stick, and MMA Welding Versatility with 2 Year Warranty
- Inverter Generator with stable sine wave for the steadiest welding
- Weld and Run Electric Tools all at once
- Able to weld 1/3, 1/4, 3/8 inch
- Easily set amperage with Electronic Reader and Knob
4. Westinghouse 12500 Peak Watt Dual Fuel Home B
- 9500 Running Watts and 12500 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 8500 Running Watts, 11200 Peak Watts (Propane); Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 12 Hours of Run Time on a 6. 6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI 120V 5–20R Standard Household Receptacle, One Transfer Switch Ready 120V L14-30R, and One RV Ready 120/240V 14–50R; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Powered by a Heavy Duty 457cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve With Automatic Low Oil Shutdown and Digital Hour Meter. VFT display gives you real time updates with the voltage output, frequency, and lifetime hours
- Plug-and-Play: Comes With a Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User’s Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed by 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage with Nationwide Customer Service Network
5. Champion Power Equipment 100416 10,000/8,000-
- Your 8000-watt portable generator operates on natural gas, propane, or gasoline, plus natural gas and propane hoses are included so the unit is ready to run on any fuel right out of the box
- Power up the 459cc Champion engine with the handy rocker switch, battery included. Gasoline Tank Material-Steel
- Track voltage, frequency, session run time, and total run time to monitor output and track maintenance intervals, plus the UL-recognized sensor uses an LED to indicate CO shutoff or fault
- Gasoline: 10,000 starting watts and 8000 running watts, propane: 9000 starting watts and 7200 running watts, natural gas: 8750 starting watts and 7000 running watts and engine oil is included
- Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
Best generator for 220v welder Buying guide
When shopping for a generator for 220v welder, there are some important factors to consider. One of the most important is the wattage of the generator. The wattage needs to be at least equal to the wattage of the welder to ensure it can handle the load. Additionally, look for a generator with a high power factor rating, as this will help to ensure the generator can provide the power needed. You will also want to make sure the generator has the right type of outlets to connect the welder. Lastly, consider the size, weight, and portability of the generator, as well as its noise level and fuel efficiency.