The best TIG welder for beginners is one that is easy to use, reliable and can handle the types of welding jobs you plan to tackle. It should also be budget-friendly and have a wide range of features that make welding easier. A good TIG welder should have adjustable welding current and a wide range of amperage settings. It should also have adjustable pre-flow and post-flow times, a foot pedal control, and a gas solenoid valve. With the right TIG welder, you will be able to weld with confidence and accuracy.With so many tig welder for beginner brands on the market like HUGEWELD, W Weldpro, PRIMEWELD, TOOLIOM, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. HUGEWELD Tig Welder TIG-200,HF TIG/Stick/Arc
- ✅【2 in 1 HF START】TIG200 is high frequency(HF) ignition, stable arc,simple to operate. The conversion efficiency of the whole machine is increased by more than 30%.
- ✅【IGBT INVERTER】Use the single tube IGBT (the inverter frequency can reach 25-50KHz) to convert 50/60Hz to dc and then to high frequency and lower voltage,portable only 12.54 lbs, 13×6.3×11.4″ size !
- ✅【2T & 4T 】2T(Manual) / 4T(Semi-auto) switch is available, you can release your finger for long time welding job when on 4T. 2T is suitable for the re-tack welding, transient welding or thin plate welding. 4T is suitable for welding medium thickness plates.
- ✅【SAFETY and ENERGY SAVING】Automatic Compensation with Voltage Fluctuation, Over-voltage protection, Under Voltage Protection, Over Current Protection, Over Load Protection,Fan dormancy.
- ✅【EXCELLENT WELDING PERFORMANCE】 Tig welding thickness 0.5-5.0mm under 10-200A output;application of tungsten electrodes diameter: 1.0/1.6/2.0/2.4/3.0mm. Suitable for welding different metals such as steel, stainless steel, carbon steel etc. (Can’t weld aluminum). ARC welding thickness 2.0-8.0mm under 20-150A current , application of electrodes diameter: 2.5/3.2mm.
2. Weldpro Digital TIG 200GD AC DC 200 Amp Tig/S
- Weldpro’s flagship 200 amp AC/DC TIG welder that goes beyond simply welding steel and aluminum. AND NOW WITH A FULL 3 YEAR WARRANTY!
- The model 200 is also a digital designed TIG welder equipped with full function TIG welding features found on machines priced much higher.
- Start and end amps, upslope, downslope, fully adjustable pulse, AC balance, AC frequency. 2T-4T
- Excellent Professional design rocker style foot pedal without annoying intermediate amperage control. And now available with the optional CK Worldwide superflex cable and flex head number 17F torch with independent trigger switch.
- Also fully capable MMA stick welding function with stinger included.
3. Weldpro 200 Amp MIG210LCD Dual Voltage 115V/2
- Weldpro’s flagship 200 amp multi function MIG welder with LCD display. Now with exciting new added features and easy access menus offers amazing versatility for more precise welding results.
- The model 210 LCD is also capable of true lift TIG welding as well as stick welding and aluminum welding with the optional spool gun. The MIG 210LCD is not only an intuitive synergically designed MIG / Flux Core welding machine, but now offers the option for total independent voltage and wire speed control.
- MIG, Stick or Lift TIG welding all from a single compact, space-saving unit. Welding Amperage Ranges230V: MIG: 40-200A; MMA: 20-180A; TIG: 20-180A. 30% at 200 Amp rated duty cycle
- Added new features include in MIG Mode, Run-In, Spot Weld, Gas Choice, Synergic or Full Manual controls, on screen polarity swapping for Flux Core vs Gas MIG. and in Stick (MMA) mode, On screen electrode type choices, Hot Start, and Arc Force.
- Color LCD display easy to read and set amperage and wire speed for repeatable welds every time. VRD high temp and overload protection with indication. User adjustable inductance settings.
4. PRIMEWELD TIG225X 225 Amp IGBT AC DC Tig/Stic
- 225AMPS TIG/STICK WELDER WITH PULSE FUNCTION WORKS GREAT WITH ALUMINUM, STAINLESS STEEL AND THINNER METALS
- CK Worldwide 17 Series Superflex TIG Torch with Flex Head AND CK SUPERFLEX HOSE, ALSO INCLUDES CK DINSE CONNECTOR USA MADE
- 200HRTZ on PULSE FREQ AND AC FREQ will do 1/4″ aluminum and 3/8″ mild steel and 110/220 volts and is capable of welding 7018, 6013
- Both HF start hand torch control and precise foot pedal welding heat control
- Advanced Inverter Technology with PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) Using IGBT technology
5. TOOLIOM 200A TIG Welder High Frequency TIG 11
- High Frequency Start TIG :Non-contact arc initiation that reduces tungsten and material consumption.
- Tig & Stick in One Welder:TIG welding make precise, critical welds when joining metals such as mild steel or stainless steel.Bonus of stick welding capability for outdoor work or thicker materials.
- Versatility :Can be plugged into where you need – a standard 120V circuit or 230V circuit.Perfect for the personal user. Only 13 lb they can be taken anywhere.
- Simple to use :The friendly user interface makes machine setup easy. Lets hobbyists, makers, small fabricators and craftsmen explore their creativity.
- Certificated by ETL:Intelligent protection includes over-voltage, over-current, over-heat protection.
Best tig welder for beginner Buying guide
When it comes to purchasing a TIG welder, there are a number of factors to consider. Firstly, you should consider the type of material you are looking to weld. Different materials require different types of welding, and therefore different TIG welders. Secondly, you should consider the level of power you require from the welder. Low-power welders are suitable for thin metals, while high-power welders are ideal for welding thicker materials. Thirdly, you should consider the size and weight of the welder. If you are planning on carrying the welder around with you, you will need to make sure it is light and portable. Finally, you should also consider the cost of the welder. While it may be tempting to purchase the cheapest model, it is important to remember that quality is key. Investing in a good-quality welder will ensure that you get the best results.