The best sander for cutting boards is one that offers a smooth finish, is easy to use, and has a powerful motor. It should also be lightweight and have adjustable speed settings so you can work with different materials and thicknesses. A good sander should also have multiple sanding heads so you can get into tight corners and reach difficult areas. Finally, it should have dust collection capabilities to reduce the mess created when sanding.With so many sander for cutting boards brands on the market like Sonder Los Angeles, Rachael Ray, DEWALT, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. Sonder Los Angeles, Made in USA, Large Thick
- END GRAIN DURABILITY – Alfred is an end grain constructed board. This construction type is known to be extremely durable, to withstand heavy duty chopping, and is highly desired for its ’self-healing’ properties. Each knife cut goes between the wood fibers, rather than cutting through them. These fibers close back up after the knife exits, keeping your knife’s edge sharper for longer. Finished safely. Free of BPA, phthalates, and formaldehyde.
- DEEP JUICE GROOVE – No more messy countertops from liquids running off your board. Our juice groove holds up to 3.5 oz of liquid to prevent water, juice, and grease from overflowing during meal prep and serving. Perfect for cutting up fruits, vegetables, and carving meats like brisket, roast, prime rib, etc.
- VERSATILE SORTING COMPARTMENTS – No need to off-load your diced onions, garlic, etc. onto extra dishes. Simplify meal prep as you dice and slide into the compartments to clear your workspace and continue chopping. Try using the compartments for serving nuts, fruit, olives, and more as part of a charcuterie board.
- RUBBER FEET FOR STABILITY – Our 1.5 inch thick butcher block style board comes with removable rubber feet on both sides for extra stability while chopping and slicing and the integrated finger grips make it easy to lift, flip or transfer from kitchen to table.
- PROUDLY MADE IN AMERICA – Crafted right here in the USA with our selection of sustainably sourced Black Walnut. When cared for correctly, with proper cleaning (hand wash only) and oiling every 3 weeks, this board will outlast most items in your kitchen.
- PERFECT GIFT – Each board comes in a beautiful gift box, perfect for any occasion: birthdays, weddings, housewarmings, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and more.
- SMALL BUSINESS, BIG SERVICE – We are a small Los Angeles brand and our customers are our #1 priority. We cut no corners in our products and we will cut no corners in our support to you.
- WARRANTY – We stand behind our products, and in the unlikely event of a manufacturing defect, we will replace your board free of charge within 1-year of your order. Warranty registration and care instructions included.
2. Rachael Ray Pantryware Wood Cutting Board Wit
- This rustic styled wood cutting board is crafted from sustainable acacia wood and boasts stunning exposed wood grain
- The 14 inch x 11 inch cutting board is ideal for mincing, chopping and slicing; leather loop on the handle allows board to hang for convenient storage
- Hand washing the wooden cutting board is recommended to retain its beautiful finish
- The board makes a thoughtful gift & great complement to warm, inviting serve ware, dinnerware & other pantry ware pieces in Rachael Ray collections
3. Jesse Stone: Sea Change
- Click on the image for description.
4. DEWALT Thickness Planer, 13-inch 3 Knife for
- Purchase includes one stationary 13″ Planer, in/out feed tables with fasteners (attached to the base of the Planer base), extra blades and dust hose adapter. Stand is not included.
- Three knife cutter head of the thickness planer delivers 30% longer knife life and makes knife change faster and easier
- Two-speed gear box of the wood planer allows users to change feed speed to optimizing cuts per inch at 96 or 179 CPI
- Fan-assisted chip ejection vacuums chip off of the cutter head and exhausts them out of the machine
- 19-3/4-inch cast aluminum base is 2 times more rigid than a standard 10-inch base and folding tables
- Automatic carriage lock reduces the movement that causes snipe without the need for manual engagement by the user
- Material removal gauge and extra large thickness scale deliver accurate cuts with every pass
- Extra large turret depth-stop allows users to return to most frequently used thicknesses with ease
- Includes infeed and outfeed tables and an extra set of knives
5. DEWALT Random Orbit Sander, Variable Speed, 5
- 3.0-amp motor of the orbital sander spins the pad at 8,000 – 12,000 OPM
- Separate counterweight design of the hand sander reduces vibration for improved comfort
- Improved dust-sealed switch of the electric sander protects against dust ingestion for longer switch life
- Dust port is designed to fit directly to the DWV010 or DWV012 dust collectors
- Shorter height allows the user to get closer to the workpiece
- Rubber overmold improves grip in all of the critical areas of the sander
- Improved dust collection and one-handed locking dust bag
- To attach the dust port to other vacuum systems with 1-1/4-inch hoses, use DWV9000 Universal Quick Connector
Best sander for cutting boards Buying guide
When looking for a sander to cut boards, look for one that is easy to use and is able to get into tight corners. Also look for one that has variable speed settings, so you can adjust the speed to fit the type of project you’re working on. Additionally, look for one that has dust collection features to keep your workspace clean. Make sure to look for a sander with a long cord and a comfortable grip that won’t fatigue your hands over time. Finally, look for one that has a variety of sanding pads so you can switch between different grits to get your desired results.