Planer boards are an essential tool for any angler who enjoys trolling. They are used to help spread lines out over a wide area, allowing anglers to target a greater area. They also help in avoiding line tangles, increasing the chances of catching more fish. The best planer boards for trolling are the ones that can handle a variety of conditions and have plenty of features that make them easy to use.With so many planer boards for trolling brands on the market like Krazywolf, Brocraft, Double X Tackle, DaMohony, Great Lakes Planers, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. Krazywolf Planer Board (P009),Includes Spring
- A pair.Left & Right sides.
- Highly visible for effective freshwater trolling
- Spring-loaded flag alerts you to strikes
- Adjust spring tension depending on size of bait
- Pressure-lock snaps deliver a solid hold on any type of fishing line
2. Brocraft Dual Reel Planer Board Adjustable Ma
- Constructed of marine grade aluminum with CNC processing , anodized finish
- Heavy Duty Welded Construction aluminum Base
- Aluminum Adjustable Mast from 40″ to 72’’
- Daul Reel Diameter of Spool: 8 “
- Include 200 Feet of 200lb test line
3. Double X Tackle OCB-10.5 Planer Board 5.5″X10
- The Original ClearBoard is the lightest, best pulling planer board available.
- No need to drag a one pound planer board when you can pull a 5 oz. planer board with better results.
- Tested with all types of light and hard pulling live and artificial baits at speeds up to 2.5 mph.
- Department: unisex-adult
4. DaMohony Power Grip Board Mast Release Snap C
- Fishing line is gripped between the soft pads with variable release tension attained by moving the line.
- Great for downrigger, outrigger, boat, kite and planer boards fishing.
- Streamlined and compact design wont snag on weeds or foul lines.
- Has a full range of release tensions, plus an adjustment clip that provides double the holding power if needed.
- Mini power grip is the critical link between the downrigger and the fishing rod.
5. 4′ Planer Board trolling mast & Bird Tree Rod
- Lifetime warranty
- Rugged design
- Proven trolling system
- Adjustable components
- Easily handles magnum boards
Best planer boards for trolling Buying guide
Planer boards are essential trolling tools for anglers who want to cover more water and present lures to fish in multiple directions at once. When shopping for planer boards, consider the size and weight of your boat and the type of trolling you plan to do. Look for boards that are easy to deploy and retrieve, and have plenty of buoyancy. Some boards feature a quick-release clip for easy removal from the water, while others feature a reel to wind the board back in. Look for a board that is durable and won’t break down over time, and make sure the design allows you to adjust the tension of the line. Finally, make sure the board is compatible with the type of line you are using. With these factors in mind, you can find the best planer board for your trolling needs.