The Best Hobby Flux Core Welder is an ideal choice for hobbyists, DIYers, and professionals who want an easy-to-use, reliable welder for novice and intermediate welding projects. With its lightweight and compact design, it is perfect for portability and can be used in almost any environment. It features an adjustable current control and a smooth arc, allowing you to achieve professional results with minimal effort. The Best Hobby Flux Core Welder is sure to provide you with years of reliable performance.With so many hobby flux core welder brands on the market like VIVOHOME, YESWELDER, Lincoln Electric, ARCCAPTAIN, TOOLIOM, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. VIVOHOME MIG Welder 130 Flux Core Wire Automa
- NO REACTION WELDER – With convenient flux-cored wire to self-release metal inert gas while welding, this welding machine prevents oxidation of the welded part; A great choice for home repairs and hobby projects on light gauge steel
- WELDING PROCESS – This welding machine is particularly well-suited for projects of mild steel and stainless steel; It delivers a professional finish for any thin steel welding or auto body work you may need, being powerful and efficient
- ADJUSTABLE WELDING SPEED – The VIVOHOME MIG Welder features 4x current flow settings; Adjust the current and 10-speed variable feed controls for perfectly managed flux-cored welding of thin steel, stainless or aluminum sheet metal, or even thicker steel
- PORTABLE DESIGN – Lightweight and compact design, with a comfortable hand grip that makes it easy to carry wherever you want; It only weighs 34.6 lbs., so you can effortlessly take it as far as you can
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED – The VIVOHOME MIG Welder package includes all the accessories you need to weld like a pro: 1x 6.6’ welding gun with on/off safety control; 1x 4.9’ grounding clamp; 1x welding helmet; 1x wire welding brush; 1 x 0.03″ (0.8mm) Flux core wire; and several other small accessories
2. YESWELDER 135Amp MIG Welder,110V Flux Core We
- More powerful:Up to 135 Amp output allows you to weld mild steel up to 5/32” in the plate.Suitable for 0.30” & .035” flux core wire.
- Multi-Process：Gasless MIG/Stick/Lift TIG ，3-in-1 Welder.(need buy extra tig lift torch, not included inside product).
- Simple to use：Automatic change of the voltage & wire feeding speed by adjusting the amperage.
- Safety: Automatic compensation for voltage fluctuation, over current protection, over load protection.
- Take it Everywhere：Lightweight and portable – just 13.5 lbs.
3. Lincoln Electric FC90 Flux Core Wire Feed Wel
- WELD ANYWHERE: Plug in the Century FC90 flux-cored wire feed welder anywhere 120V input power is available
- LIGHTWEIGHT & PORTABLE: Ideal for maintenance and mobile welders, thanks to its small and lightweight inverter design and shoulder strap for portability
- FC90 WELDER FEATURES: Automatic thermal protector shuts off output until machine cools to a normal operating temperature; Easy to turn control knobs allow you to fine tune welding parameters; Conveniently load your spool of wire on top of machine
- SMOOTH OPERATION: Inverter power source makes it more efficient to operate and provides smoother weld characteristics compared to traditional welders
- PERFECT FOR SMALL WELD JOBS: This machine is best for DIY projects, hobbyists, home repairs and more; Infinite welding voltage allows fine-tuning of weld characteristics; 30% duty cycle at 80 Amp; 30-90 Amp range
4. ARCCAPTAIN MIG Welder, 200Amp 6 in 1 Gas MIG/
- POWERFUL 6-IN-1 MIG WELDER: The multi-process welding machine that included Gas/Solid Wire MIG(GMAW), Gasless Flux Core MIG(FCAW), Stick/MMA, Spot welding, Lift TIG, spool gun connector optional (tig gun and spool gun not included). Suitable for all kinds of welding requirements .023”/.030”/.035” solid wire, .023”/.030”/.035” flux core wire, .035”/.045” aluminum wire.
- SYNERGIC MIG: Digital control and automatically match the recommend current and wire feeding speed when selecting the diameter of welding wire and gas material, also you can adjust the welding current according to your welding habit. Easy to work with beginners or professional welders. Cooling fan that runs only when it’s needed so no constant buzzing sounds.
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL WELDER: The MIG welder features some special functions that included adaptive crater, burn-back adjustment and pre-flow/post-flow, which improve your welding efficiency. 2T/4T 2 welding way meets your needs. Store 10 preset settings: can set 10 groups of parameter data for each welding mode, it’s more convenient to start the next welding job.
- REVOLUTIONARY LARGE LED DISPLAY: Exclusive human-computer Interaction LED screen design, provides you with accurate data display and makes you read easier and more clear without taking off your helmet. Easy to carry with a handle or shoulder strap(included), perfect for outdoor maintenance, farm, road equipment, and home DIY.
- WARM SERVICE & 2-YEAR WARRANTY: 30-Day Money Back Guarantee and 2-Year Warranty. Every single of our welder machines passed various authoritative Laboratory tests in simulating extremely harsh environments before leaving our ARCCAPTAIN factory that conforms to the high standards. We take care of our customer’s safety based on VRD, over current/over voltage/over current/over-load/overheating protection function.
5. TOOLIOM 135A Flux Core Welder MIG Welder 110V
- Weld up to .030″(0.8mm) and .035″ (0.9mm)with flux core wire.Can Handle E7018 basic electrode.
- Powered By Standard 110(120V) Household Current.
- Multi-functions in one machine:Suitable for MMA,Lift Tig,Flux Mig.Can weld stainless steel and carbon steel.
- Big enough to handle 2 pounds rolls of wire.
- Powerful Machine:Up to 135A output current that can weld mild steel up to 1/8 inch (3.0mm) plate.
Best hobby flux core welder Buying guide
Flux core welders are a great way to get into welding. They are relatively inexpensive, easy to use, and require minimal setup. When looking for a flux core welder, the most important consideration is the amperage. The higher the amperage, the thicker the material it can weld. Look for a welder with at least a 125 amp rating. Another important consideration is the duty cycle. The duty cycle is the amount of time the welder can be used on a single 10-minute cycle without overheating. A good duty cycle will be at least 20%. Finally, look for a welder with a comfortable grip and adjustable settings for heat control and wire speed. This will ensure a successful weld with minimal effort.