MIG and TIG welding are two of the most popular welding processes used in a variety of industries. The best gas for MIG and TIG welding depends on the type of weld being performed and the type of metal being welded. Generally, argon is the best shielding gas for both MIG and TIG welding, although other gases such as carbon dioxide and helium can also be used. Each gas type has its own advantages and disadvantages, which should be taken into consideration when selecting the best gas for a particular welding job.With so many gas for mig and tig welding brands on the market like ARCCAPTAIN, Crestline Books, ANDELI, TOOLIOM, YESWELDER, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. ARCCAPTAIN MIG Welder, 200Amp 6 in 1 Gas MIG/
- POWERFUL 6-IN-1 MIG WELDER: The multi-process welding machine that included Gas/Solid Wire MIG(GMAW), Gasless Flux Core MIG(FCAW), Stick/MMA, Spot welding, Lift TIG, spool gun connector optional (tig gun and spool gun not included). Suitable for all kinds of welding requirements .023”/.030”/.035” solid wire, .023”/.030”/.035” flux core wire, .035”/.045” aluminum wire.
- SYNERGIC MIG: Digital control and automatically match the recommend current and wire feeding speed when selecting the diameter of welding wire and gas material, also you can adjust the welding current according to your welding habit. Easy to work with beginners or professional welders. Cooling fan that runs only when it’s needed so no constant buzzing sounds.
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL WELDER: The MIG welder features some special functions that included adaptive crater, burn-back adjustment and pre-flow/post-flow, which improve your welding efficiency. 2T/4T 2 welding way meets your needs. Store 10 preset settings: can set 10 groups of parameter data for each welding mode, it’s more convenient to start the next welding job.
- REVOLUTIONARY LARGE LED DISPLAY: Exclusive human-computer Interaction LED screen design, provides you with accurate data display and makes you read easier and more clear without taking off your helmet. Easy to carry with a handle or shoulder strap(included), perfect for outdoor maintenance, farm, road equipment, and home DIY.
- WARM SERVICE & 2-YEAR WARRANTY: 30-Day Money Back Guarantee and 2-Year Warranty. Every single of our welder machines passed various authoritative Laboratory tests in simulating extremely harsh environments before leaving our ARCCAPTAIN factory that conforms to the high standards. We take care of our customer’s safety based on VRD, over current/over voltage/over current/over-load/overheating protection function.
2. Learn to Weld: Beginning MIG Welding and Meta
- Click on the image for description.
3. ANDELI 220V MCT-520DPL Pro,MIG TIG CUT COLD &
- 【Function】Aluminum MIG, CUT, MIG(CO2/MIX/FLUX) , TIG(HF), COLD, PULSE, MMA.
- 【Cold】It is suitable for welding thin stainless steel, thin steel, carbon steel, and other materials. The welding temperature is relatively low, and it will not deform or change color after welding, and it has a high aesthetics. PS: need pure argon gas.
- 【Can MIG Welding Aluminum】Upgrade MIG welding aluminum function,suitable for welding aluminum.This welding machine is suitable for ordinary thin steel, iron, stainless steel，low-carbon steel, mold repair and etc.
- 【Delivery Package】 MCT-520DPL Pro with US plug, Ground clamp, Alu.welding torch 3M*1, MIG torch*1, CUT torch PT-31*1, TIG torch WP-9F*1, gas pipe 3m, Air pressure regulator, hose clamp*2, tungsten electrode*10, tip*10, electrode*10, nozzle*20, stainless steel wire, Flux wire*1, nozzle shield*4,Ceramics nozzle*10, MMA holder*1.
- 【★Safety】CE certification, Efficient customer service team, if you encounter problems when receiving the goods, you can contact us for free guidance. We will provide returns and exchanges within 30 days after receiving the goods, and provide a two-year warranty and free replacement parts.
4. TOOLIOM 200M MIG Welder 3 in 1 Flux MIG/Solid
- Synergic Control: The welding parameter is built-in with precise data. It will choose the voltage, amperage and feeding speed that is needed based on welder data, making it much easier for new welders.
- Multi-functions in one machine: Suitable for MMA, Lift TIG, flux MIG, gas MIG
- Powerful Machine: Up to 200A output current that can weld mild up to 5/32 inch (4.0mm) plate.
- Big enough to apply to 2 and 10 pounds rolls of wire. Ready to feed .030″(0.8mm) with solid core wire, and .035″ (0.9mm)with flux core wire.Can Handle E7018 basic electrode.
- Dual voltage input design: Welding machine can be plugged into 110（120）V / 220(230)V dual voltage (Automatic fitting).
5. YESWELDER Plasma Cutter Welder Combo Gas MIG/
- Gas MIG/Gasless MIG/Lift TIG/Stick/CUT 5 in 1 Welder
- Can take up to 0.9mm(.035″) MIG solid wire(Gas MIG) and 0.9mm(.035″) MIG FLux wire(Gasless MIG).
- Apply to D100/D200 rolls (<10lbs) of MIG wire.
- Ideal for 7018/6011/6010 electrode.
- Smart Memory & System Reset.
- Synergic Controlled on MIG function, very easy and simple operation.
Best gas for mig and tig welding Buying guide
MIG and TIG welding require different types of gas to achieve the desired weld. For MIG welding, the most commonly used gas is a mixture of 75% Argon and 25% Carbon Dioxide (CO2). This mixture is known as “C25” and is suitable for general purpose welding. For TIG welding, Argon gas is used on its own. This type of gas is called “Pure Argon”, and is suitable for welding aluminum, stainless steel, and other metals. When selecting welding gas, it’s important to consider the type of welding you plan to do, and the type of metal you will be welding. Argon is more expensive than the C25 mixture, but is necessary for TIG welding. Additionally, it’s important to purchase welding gas from a reliable supplier, as low-quality gas can lead to poor weld quality.