The best combination jointer planer is a versatile woodworking tool that allows you to cut, shape, and smooth wood quickly and easily. It combines the functions of a jointer and a planer into one machine, allowing you to create accurate, straight edges, and even surfaces on both sides of a piece of wood. Whether you’re a professional woodworker or a hobbyist, a combination jointer planer can be a valuable addition to your workshop.With so many combination jointer planer brands on the market like Jet, DEWALT, Grizzly Industrial, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. JET JJP-8BT, 8-Inch Planer-Jointer Combo, HSS
- COMPACT: Combination benchtop jointer and planer provides a 2-in-1 machine to maximize work space.
- PRECISION: Large aluminum-extruded fence makes joining stable and precise.
- POWERFUL: Heavy-duty 13-amp motor for various cutting applications.
- PORTABLE: Integrated cord wrap makes transporting easy and ensures workshop safety.
- COMFORTABLE: Oversized, ergonomic knobs provide ease of use and maximum control.
2. JET JJP-10BTOS, 10-Inch Planer-Jointer, 2 HSS
- Compact Design: Combination benchtop jointer and planer provides a 2-in-1 machine with a space-saving footprint.
- Simple Mobility: With an integrated cord wrap, and weighing just 74 lbs. (with stand), this compact machine is easy to relocate.
- Precision Cutting: Planing and joining tables are adjustable with a removable handle and locking knobs.
- Added Safety: Telescoping blade guard.
- Ideal Uses: Small shop environments (not commercial grade) and limited space.
- JET Red Assurance Guarantee: Backed by JET’s industry-leading five-year warranty against manufacturer’s defects.
3. JET JJ-6HHBT, 6-Inch Helical Head Benchtop Jo
- True helical cut with 14 indexable four-sided carbide blades
- Heavy-duty cast iron tables and fence
- Fully-adjustable fence with locking stops at plus /- 45 degree tilt dual direction for beveling
- Internal blower motor moves dust and chips away from motor and cutter head
- Powerful 1HP 15-amp motor turns the cutterhead at 10,000 RPM
- Highly visible scale for accurate depth of cut adjustments
- Front mounted toggle switch with removable safety key
4. DEWALT Thickness Planer, 13-inch 3 Knife for
- Purchase includes one stationary 13″ Planer, in/out feed tables with fasteners (attached to the base of the Planer base), extra blades and dust hose adapter. Stand is not included.
- Three knife cutter head of the thickness planer delivers 30% longer knife life and makes knife change faster and easier
- Two-speed gear box of the wood planer allows users to change feed speed to optimizing cuts per inch at 96 or 179 CPI
- Fan-assisted chip ejection vacuums chip off of the cutter head and exhausts them out of the machine
- 19-3/4-inch cast aluminum base is 2 times more rigid than a standard 10-inch base and folding tables
- Automatic carriage lock reduces the movement that causes snipe without the need for manual engagement by the user
- Material removal gauge and extra large thickness scale deliver accurate cuts with every pass
- Extra large turret depth-stop allows users to return to most frequently used thicknesses with ease
- Includes infeed and outfeed tables and an extra set of knives
5. Grizzly Industrial G0958-8″ Combo Planer/Join
- Motor: 1-1/2 HP, 120V, single-phase, 15A
- Maximum cut width: 8″
- Maximum cut depth: 1/16″
- Minimum workpiece length: 6″
- Minimum thickness: 1/4″
- Cutterhead speed: 8500 RPM
- Cuts per minute: 17,000
- Planing feed rate: 22 FPM
- Bevel jointing: 0–45°
- Overall dimensions: 31″ W x 17-1/2″ D x 18-1/2″ H
Best combination jointer planer Buying guide
When shopping for the best combination jointer planer, it is important to consider the features and capabilities of the machine. Make sure the jointer planer has enough power to handle heavy stock, as well as a wide enough table to support the material being joined and planed. Look for one with adjustable depth stops for repeatable cuts, as well as adjustable fence settings for creating precise jointed and planed edges. Ensure the blades are sharp and the machine is well constructed, as this will help reduce the amount of time spent sharpening and replacing blades. Additionally, look for a combination jointer planer that comes with an adjustable dust collection system. This will help keep the dust out of your work space and make clean up a breeze. Finally, make sure the jointer planer is easy to use and comes with good instructions and support. All of these features will help you get the most out of your combination jointer planer.