The best portable flux core welder is designed for versatility, portability, and power. It is a great choice for welding projects around the home, workshop, or garage. It is lightweight and easy to use, making it a great choice for the DIYer or professional. It is capable of welding a variety of metals and is able to handle a variety of welding jobs. It is also designed for easy maneuverability, making it a great choice for tight spaces.With so many portable flux core welder brands on the market like Lincoln Electric, VIVOHOME, HEY UP, YESWELDER, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. Lincoln Electric FC90 Flux Core Wire Feed Wel
- WELD ANYWHERE: Plug in the Century FC90 flux-cored wire feed welder anywhere 120V input power is available
- LIGHTWEIGHT & PORTABLE: Ideal for maintenance and mobile welders, thanks to its small and lightweight inverter design and shoulder strap for portability
- FC90 WELDER FEATURES: Automatic thermal protector shuts off output until machine cools to a normal operating temperature; Easy to turn control knobs allow you to fine tune welding parameters; Conveniently load your spool of wire on top of machine
- SMOOTH OPERATION: Inverter power source makes it more efficient to operate and provides smoother weld characteristics compared to traditional welders
- PERFECT FOR SMALL WELD JOBS: This machine is best for DIY projects, hobbyists, home repairs and more; Infinite welding voltage allows fine-tuning of weld characteristics; 30% duty cycle at 80 Amp; 30-90 Amp range
2. Lincoln Electric 90i FC Flux Core Wire Feed W
- WELD ANYWHERE: Plug in the Weld-Pak 90i FC wire feed welder anywhere 120V input power is available; It’s a versatile, user-friendly welding machine that welds up to 1/4″and can be used anywhere, from home workshops to construction sites
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: The machine comes with a full list of accessories including a welding gun, nozzle, contact tip, work cable and clamp; Metal case provides protection from the elements
- LIGHT & PORTABLE: Ideal for maintenance and mobile welders, thanks to its small and lightweight (15 lbs) inverter design and shoulder strap for portability; A good choice for beginners or anyone looking for an easy-to-use welder
- SMOOTH & EASY OPERATION: Has simple control with two knobs for wire speed and voltage; Inverter power source makes it more efficient to operate and provides smoother weld characteristics compared to traditional welders
- PERFECT FOR SMALL WELD JOBS: This machine is best for DIY projects, hobbyists, home repairs and more; Infinite welding voltage allows fine-tuning of weld characteristics
3. VIVOHOME MIG Welder 130 Flux Core Wire Automa
- NO REACTION WELDER – With convenient flux-cored wire to self-release metal inert gas while welding, this welding machine prevents oxidation of the welded part; A great choice for home repairs and hobby projects on light gauge steel
- WELDING PROCESS – This welding machine is particularly well-suited for projects of mild steel and stainless steel; It delivers a professional finish for any thin steel welding or auto body work you may need, being powerful and efficient
- ADJUSTABLE WELDING SPEED – The VIVOHOME MIG Welder features 4x current flow settings; Adjust the current and 10-speed variable feed controls for perfectly managed flux-cored welding of thin steel, stainless or aluminum sheet metal, or even thicker steel
- PORTABLE DESIGN – Lightweight and compact design, with a comfortable hand grip that makes it easy to carry wherever you want; It only weighs 34.6 lbs., so you can effortlessly take it as far as you can
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED – The VIVOHOME MIG Welder package includes all the accessories you need to weld like a pro: 1x 6.6’ welding gun with on/off safety control; 1x 4.9’ grounding clamp; 1x welding helmet; 1x wire welding brush; 1 x 0.03″ (0.8mm) Flux core wire; and several other small accessories
4. MIG Welder 140Amp Flux Core Welder 110V/220V
- 【Multi process welding machine】This is a MIG/STICK(ARC) 2in1 welding machine, 110V/220V dual-voltage input design, advanced IGBT high-frequency rectification, stable output welding current, and longer welding machine life.xa0Our multi process welding machine is perfect for any welding job.
- 【Portable Welder】Light weight 11 lbs,Equipped with a detachable MIG torch for flux core welder and replacement pliers,making it easy to carry to any work project.This MIG/STICK(ARC) welder is compact, portable and easy to movement and store.
- 【Easy to use】Automatically change the voltage and wire feeding speed by adjusting the 10-speed current, the wire feeding is stable, the arc is good, and it is easy to control.The adjustable speed wire feed of our flux core welder makes it possible for beginners to get started quickly.
- 【Powerful performance】Our flux core welder is capable of effectively handling both iron and carbon steel welding tasks with flux core wire sizes of 0.30″ and 0.035″, producing up to 140 amps of output.
- 【Big enough for wiring space】Replacing wire feeders or feed rolls is a straightforward process, and setting up a wire feeder that can handle 2lbs of flux-cored wire is also simple with our multi process flux core welder. Additionally, the spacious interior makes it more convenient to operate during welding tasks. Experience hassle-free welding with our user-friendly design.
5. YESWELDER 135Amp MIG Welder,110V Flux Core We
- More powerful:Up to 135 Amp output allows you to weld mild steel up to 5/32” in the plate.Suitable for 0.30” & .035” flux core wire.
- Multi-Process：Gasless MIG/Stick/Lift TIG ，3-in-1 Welder.(need buy extra tig lift torch, not included inside product).
- Simple to use：Automatic change of the voltage & wire feeding speed by adjusting the amperage.
- Safety: Automatic compensation for voltage fluctuation, over current protection, over load protection.
- Take it Everywhere：Lightweight and portable – just 13.5 lbs.
Best portable flux core welder Buying guide
Whether you are a professional welder or just a hobbyist, having a quality portable flux core welder can make all the difference. Here are a few things to consider when shopping for the best portable flux core welder:
1. Power Input: Make sure to check the power input rating on the welder. The higher the rating, the more power the welder can handle.
2. Duty Cycle: Look for a welder with a high duty cycle rating. This will ensure that you can weld for longer periods of time without having to stop and cool down the unit.
3. Portability: Consider how much and how often you will be taking the welder with you. If you plan on carrying the welder from job to job, it is important to choose a unit that is lightweight and easy to transport.
4. Price: We all want to save money when possible, but don’t be tempted to go for the cheapest option. Look for a welder that offers the features you need at a reasonable price.
5. Warranty: Look for a welder that comes with a good warranty. This will give you peace of mind that you are covered if anything goes wrong.
By taking the time to research and compare different portable flux core welders, you can be sure to find the best one to suit your needs.