The best jointer planer combination machine is an ideal tool for any woodworker looking to get the most out of their workbench. This machine combines the functions of both a jointer and a planer into a single unit, allowing for a single pass of a board to be both jointed and planed. This machine is capable of producing flat and square stock quickly and efficiently, allowing for more accurate and efficient woodworking. With a combination machine, you can save time and money by only having to use one machine for both jointing and planing.With so many jointer planer combination machine brands on the market like Jet, DEWALT, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. JET JJP-8BT, 8-Inch Planer-Jointer Combo, HSS
- COMPACT: Combination benchtop jointer and planer provides a 2-in-1 machine to maximize work space.
- PRECISION: Large aluminum-extruded fence makes joining stable and precise.
- POWERFUL: Heavy-duty 13-amp motor for various cutting applications.
- PORTABLE: Integrated cord wrap makes transporting easy and ensures workshop safety.
- COMFORTABLE: Oversized, ergonomic knobs provide ease of use and maximum control.
2. JET JJP-10BTOS, 10-Inch Planer-Jointer, 2 HSS
- Compact Design: Combination benchtop jointer and planer provides a 2-in-1 machine with a space-saving footprint.
- Simple Mobility: With an integrated cord wrap, and weighing just 74 lbs. (with stand), this compact machine is easy to relocate.
- Precision Cutting: Planing and joining tables are adjustable with a removable handle and locking knobs.
- Added Safety: Telescoping blade guard.
- Ideal Uses: Small shop environments (not commercial grade) and limited space.
- JET Red Assurance Guarantee: Backed by JET’s industry-leading five-year warranty against manufacturer’s defects.
3. DEWALT Thickness Planer, 13-inch 3 Knife for
- Purchase includes one stationary 13″ Planer, in/out feed tables with fasteners (attached to the base of the Planer base), extra blades and dust hose adapter. Stand is not included.
- Three knife cutter head of the thickness planer delivers 30% longer knife life and makes knife change faster and easier
- Two-speed gear box of the wood planer allows users to change feed speed to optimizing cuts per inch at 96 or 179 CPI
- Fan-assisted chip ejection vacuums chip off of the cutter head and exhausts them out of the machine
- 19-3/4-inch cast aluminum base is 2 times more rigid than a standard 10-inch base and folding tables
- Automatic carriage lock reduces the movement that causes snipe without the need for manual engagement by the user
- Material removal gauge and extra large thickness scale deliver accurate cuts with every pass
- Extra large turret depth-stop allows users to return to most frequently used thicknesses with ease
- Includes infeed and outfeed tables and an extra set of knives
4. JET JJ-6HHBT, 6-Inch Helical Head Benchtop Jo
- True helical cut with 14 indexable four-sided carbide blades
- Heavy-duty cast iron tables and fence
- Fully-adjustable fence with locking stops at plus /- 45 degree tilt dual direction for beveling
- Internal blower motor moves dust and chips away from motor and cutter head
- Powerful 1HP 15-amp motor turns the cutterhead at 10,000 RPM
- Highly visible scale for accurate depth of cut adjustments
- Front mounted toggle switch with removable safety key
5. JET JPJ-12BHH, 12-Inch Planer/Jointer, Helica
- Rapid Cutting: 42 four-sided carbide insert cutterhead provides a superior finish.
- Quick Changeover: Fence does not need to be removed when switching from jointing and planing functions.
- Accuracy and Flatness: Heavy-duty cast iron tables with a ground finish.
- Increased Stability: Heavy-duty, one-piece steel closed stand includes mounting tabs.
- Improved Finish: Parallelogram design keeps the table close to the cutterhead and allows for precise depth of cut adjustments.
- JET Red Assurance Guarantee: Backed by JET’s industry-leading five-year warranty.
Best jointer planer combination machine Buying guide
When it comes to buying a jointer planer combination machine, there are several factors to consider to ensure you make the right purchase. First, consider the size of the machine. Jointer planer machines come in a range of sizes, from small benchtop models to larger models that require separate stands. Your choice should depend on the size of your shop and the type of projects you plan to undertake.
When it comes to features, look for a machine that offers both a jointer and planer. This will allow you to complete a wide range of projects quickly and easily. Also, consider the amount of power required to run the machine. Look for a machine that is powerful enough to handle the type of projects you need to complete.
Additionally, think about the type of material you will be cutting or planing. Some jointer planer combination machines are designed to work with specific materials, so make sure you purchase one that will meet your needs. Finally, consider the cost. Jointer planer combination machines can range in price from a few hundred dollars to several thousand, so make sure you purchase one that fits within your budget.