Auto darkening welding hoods are a must-have for any welder. These innovative hoods automatically adjust to any welding process, making them a great choice for any job. They provide protection from sparks, spatter, and UV radiation while providing a clear view of your work area. They are lightweight and comfortable to wear, making them ideal for long hours of welding. Investing in a quality auto darkening welding hood can help ensure your safety and improve your work.With so many auto darkening welding hood brands on the market like YESWELDER, gogonova, Jackson Safety, Tefuawe, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. YESWELDER True Color Solar Powered Auto Darke
- Great For TIG MIG MMA
- Viewing Size 3.64″X1.67″ with 2 Premium Sensors
- Better clarity, True color view – 1/1/1/2 Optical Clarity
- Cheater Lens / Magnifying Lens Compatible Design
- Increased battery life,Superior comfort with the pivot style headgear
2. 3.94”×3.82” Large Viewing Welding Hood, GoGon
- Large Viewing Screen – Amazingly widen lens only with GoGonova today! 3.94”×3.82” (15 sq in) wide viewing powered by the updated True-Color technology restore every details of working conditions. This welding mask features 1/1/1/2 Optical Clarity. Improved visibility and reduced your eye strain.
- Smart Darkening Filter – 4 independent smart sensors provide auto-darkening function in millisecond. No matter what grinding or welding applications, like SMAW, MIG, TIG, GTAW, etc, GoGonova welding hood is specially designed to resist 99% of harmful light and prevent your face from injury.
- Customizability – In addition to sensors, it offers the manual function to adjust both sensitivity and dark shade upon your need. Din 4 on light state, and din 5-9/9-13 on dark state. The welding helmet adds a rechargeable solar battery featuring automatic charging when welding. After replacing the battery of welding hood, short-press or long-press the “TEST” button in enough light places (bright environment such as sunlight/house lighting). If the screen flashes, the welding mask is normal.
- Comfortable Headgear – Adjusting the tightness of headband by the knob and gear, making you feel more comfortable to wear. The inside of our welder mask is made of premium sponge, and the surface is covered with sweat-absorbing material, which is anti-slip and more breathable.
- Safety & Long Life – This true color welding hood is made of high-quality PA materials, strong and durable, protecting you from injuring while cutting, welding, polishing, etc. Integrated built-in battery with solar panel ensures your smooth welding experience without power-of disruption. Package included: welding hood*1, Replacement lens*2, Extra Li-battery*1, Manual.
3. Jackson Safety Welding Helmet – Digital Auto
- UPDATED TECHNOLOGY: This Jackson Safety Insight Digital Variable Welding Helmet is built with 4 sensors to reduce possible blockage and updated with industry-leading 1/1/1/1 optical clarity and True Color
- BEST VIEWING: the Auto Darkening Filter helmet has a viewing area of 3.94″” x 2.36″” and offers optimal vison during all stages of the welding process, without having to lift its hood. It also has a slender HSL 100 shell, which is ideal when working in tight spots
- DIGITAL CONTROL: With variable shades from 9 to 13, this helmet has user-friendly digital controls for sensitivity and delay adjustments for different tasks and durations. This enables welders to enjoy enhanced visibility and color recognition
- GRIND & WELD MODES: With this economical variable auto darkening face mask, you can choose between grinding and welding modes, including MIG, TIG, STICK, and ARC welding processes. Also features our premium 370 Speed Dial easy grip/turn headgear system for perfect fit. Universal size, for men and women
- CERTIFIED SAFE: Meets ANSI Z87.1 standards and is CSA Z94.3 Compliant
4. Tefuawe Auto Darkening Welding Lens, True Col
- Ultra clear view when not in welding. No need to remove your hood to check welding results. High definition clarity in welding, see clearer weld puddle. Light blue tint in welding, decrease your eyes strain.
- Low to High sensitivity stepless adjustable for optimal lens performance based on application. Variable shade range of 5 – 13 for personalized shade control and seamless welding application changes.
- Fits most Pancake and Pipeliner Hoods, in some case have to modify Tigerhoods to fit. 2pcs cover lens as spare parts to protect the lens front and back.
- The battery life is about 800 hours. Actually the battery only supply the transient power when arc initiate, we advise you store the lens in dry and very dark environment when not use and buy CR1025 batteries as spare just in case, then you could use the lens much longer.
- 100% money guarantee. If there is any quality problems with our lens, please don’t hesitate to contact us to ask your money back or new replacement, we will provide you the most satisfactory reply within 24 hours.
5. Jackson Safety Insight Auto Darkening Welding
- UPDATED MODEL: This Jackson Safety Lightweight Insight Welding Helmet with an Arc Angel design is built with 4 sensors to reduce possible blockage; It’s been newly updated with industry leading 1/1/1/1 optical clarity and True Color
- BEST VIEWING: It provides a viewing area of 3.93″ x 2.36″ and offers optimal vison during all stages of the welding process without having to lift the helmet’s hood
- DIGITAL CONTROL: With variable shades from 9 to 13, it has user-friendly digital controls for sensitivity and delay adjustments for different tasks and durations; This enables welders to enjoy enhanced visibility and color recognition
- MULTI-USE WELDING: The variable auto darkening allows you to use it for MIG, TIG, STICK, and ARC welding processes;
- SAFETY CERTIFICATIONS: This helmet provides protection to the user’s face and eyes from during welding; It’s efficient and economical, meets ANSI Z87.1 2010 standards and is CSA compliant
Best auto darkening welding hood Buying guide
When purchasing an auto-darkening welding hood, there are several factors to consider. First, consider the lens size. Most auto-darkening welding hoods come with a 3.94” x 2.36” lens, but some offer a larger lens size. Depending on the size of your welding area, you may need a larger lens. Second, check the response time of the auto-darkening lens. The quicker the response time, the better protection you will have from sparks and spatter. Third, consider the viewing area. A larger viewing area will give you a better view of the welding area. Fourth, make sure the auto-darkening lens has the correct shade range for your welding project. A shade range of 8-13 is usually sufficient for most welding projects. Finally, consider the power source of the auto-darkening lens. Most auto-darkening lenses use two batteries, but some use solar power. Choose the power source that is most convenient for you.