A sander is a tool that is used to remove material from the surface of an object. When it comes to cabinet refinishing, the best sander to use is one that is designed specifically for this purpose. It should provide a smooth finish without damaging the wood, and allow you to work quickly and efficiently. The best sanders for cabinet refinishing usually come with a variety of attachments to help you work on different areas of the cabinet. They should also have adjustable speeds so that you can work at your own pace.With so many sander for cabinet refinishing brands on the market like Rust-Oleum, BLACK+DECKER, Skil, Pink Power, DEWALT, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. Rust-Oleum 302137 Transformations Cabinet Ref
- Ideal for wood melamine metal and laminat cabinetry
- Easy to use – no stripping, sanding, or priming required
- Kit covers 102 sq. ft. and is perfect for kitchen cabinets bath vanities and furniture
- Beautiful, durable and professional results
- Always read complete instructions before use
2. BLACK+DECKER Detail Sander, 1.2 Amp, 16,000 O
- COMPACT DESIGN – Allows access to cramped corners and tight spaces.
- POWERFUL MOTOR – 1.2 Amp motor supplies 16,000 orbits per minute for fast and thorough material removal.
- DETAIL FINGER ATTACHMENT – Interchangeable attachment allows access to hard-to-reach spots.
- DUST COLLECTION CANISTER – High-performance system with micro-filtration keeps your worksurface clean with less sawdust and debris.
- 3-POSITION GRIP – For added versatility and control. POWERFUL MOTOR – 1.2 Amp motor supplies 16, orbits per minute for fast and thorough material removal.
- HOOK-AND-LOOP SYSTEM – Makes changing sandpaper fast and easy.
- CORDED – Corded design offers unlimited runtime for even the biggest jobs.
- INCLUDES –(1) BDEMS600 sander, (1) detail finger attachment.
3. SKIL Corded Multi-Function Detail Sander with
- POWERFUL – With a 1. 2 amp motor and 13,500 orbits per minute, it’s able to deliver a smooth performance over a variety of sanding applications.
- VERSATILITY ON THE QUICK – This 4-in-1 detail sander comes with an additional 3 detail attachments for fine finishing large surfaces corners/edges and any surface contour. These attachments are easy to change with no tool needed.
- TOUGH ON DUST – Between its micro-filtration system and the 1-1/4″ dust port for vacuum attachment you can choose your preferred way to keep dust away.
- EASY SANDING SHEET CHANGE – Hook and loop system for simple and quick sanding sheet changes.
- LOW VIBRATION – Ergonomic design and a soft rubber grip your hand stays comfortable while counterweight balance reduces hand fatigue from vibration. All so that you can work longer.
- EASY ON/OFF – Dust sealed on/off switch makes a hassle-free flip-of-the-switch during application.
4. Pink Power Detail Sander for Woodworking 20V
- What’s included: (1) PP204 20 Volt Detail Sander, (1) 13″ Tool Bag, (1) 20 Volt 1.5A.h Lithium-Ion Battery, (1) Fast Charger, (1) P60, (1) P80, and (1) P120 Sandpaper Pad, and a full three-year warranty that protects against any damage or defects.
- Detail sander for woodworking: Unlike orbital sanders, detail sanders can fit into small spaces and offer more control. They’re great for sanding in corners, finishing cabinets, refinishing furniture, or putting the final touches on crafting projects.
- Cordless electric sander: The battery charges in less than an hour and features an LED power gauge so you’re never surprised by a low charge. The PP202 battery is compatible with other 20V Pink Power Tools including the PP203 Drill and PP201 Vacuum.
- Handheld power sander: The PP204 sander orbits 11,000 times per minute and the 1.5A.h battery gives up to 20 minutes of continuous sanding. The ergonomic, soft-grip handle offers a multi-position grip and makes it easy to maneuver.
- No hassle hook and loop: Sandpaper attaches to the sander through a hook and loop system, making them easy to swap out, while the dust collection box keeps dust off of workspaces. Each sander weighs 2.7 pounds with the battery.
5. DEWALT 20V MAX Orbital Sander Kit, 5 inch, 3
- 3.0-amp motor of the orbital sander spins the pad at 12,000 OPM
- Shorter height of the hand sander allows the user to get closer to work piece
- Separate counterweight design reduces vibration for improved comfort of the electric sander
- Rubber over-mold in all of the critical areas of the sander
- Improved dust-sealed switch to protect against dust ingestion for longer switch life
- Improved dust collection and one-handed locking dust bag
- Dust port is designed to fit directly to the DWV010 or DWV012 dust collectors
- To attach dust port to other vacuum systems with 1-1/4-inch hoses, use DWV9000 Universal Quick Connector
Best sander for cabinet refinishing Buying guide
When looking for the best sander for cabinet refinishing, there are several features to consider. The most important feature you should consider is the type of sander. Belt sanders are great for large surfaces, while palm sanders are ideal for smaller, more detailed projects. Additionally, make sure the sander has an adjustable speed setting so you can adjust the speed to the type of project you’re working on. Also, it’s important to make sure the sander is comfortable to hold and easy to maneuver. Lastly, make sure the sander is well-constructed and durable to ensure it will last for many years.