An angle grinder is an incredibly versatile power tool that is used for grinding, polishing, cutting, sanding and much more. When it comes to welding, an angle grinder is one of the most important tools to have in your arsenal. The best angle grinder for welding will provide you with the power and precision you need to get the job done right. From the size of the grinding disc to the type of power source, there are a variety of factors to consider when selecting the best angle grinder for your welding needs.With so many angle grinder for welding brands on the market like DIDUEMEN, 3mirrors, Eastwood, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. DIDUEMEN Handheld Without Debugging Tungsten
- Caution: When using this tool, please wear a mask and other protective gear.
- Miniaturization and High Performance：This tungsten sharpening grinder is a hand-held tool. It is small enough to fit on the TIG table, saving the user from running between bench mills. Grinding efficiently and quickly saves time. The accurate processing angle of tungsten steel can make the user’s welding work handy.
- Simple and Convenient Operation: Unlike the single-head configuration, this tungsten grinding machine does not require installation and debugging. Even a novice can easily use it to grind the perfect angle. Replacing the grinding wheel is also simple. The professionally designed mandrel makes the installation height of the grinding wheel consistent and stabilizes the angle of the tungsten steel rod.
- 4 Size Brass Tungsten Guide Rails and Four-angle Screw Holes: The tool has four copper tungsten guide rails: 0 / 40 inch, 1 / 16 inch, 3 / 32 inch and 1 / 8 inch (1 mm, 1.6 mm, 2.4 mm, 3.2 mm) and four corner holes for use: 10 °, 15 °, 20 °, 22.5 °. This configuration can better reduce the angle deviation of grinding tungsten needles, and can precisely control the required angle of the tip of the tungsten needle.
- Cut-off grooves and rotary tools: Tungsten sharpening tools have tungsten cut-off grooves. When the tip of the tungsten steel needle is so worn that regrinding does not solve the problem, you can use a tungsten cut-off port to cut off the damaged part and regrind. Remove the sharpening guide attacment and scre the collar cap, this grinder can be used as a regular rotary tool.
- Abundant Accessories: 9*double sided grind wheels, 1* grinding guide attachment, 4* copper screw holes, 3* CNC Mandrels, 1*collar cap, 1*electric grinder, 1*wrench, 1* storage box, 1* User Manual.
2. 3mirrors ALUMINUM Tungsten Electrode Sharpene
- This is one of our most popular Tungsten Electrode Sharpener controllers, for TIG Welding and grinding 4 types size tungsten needles, choose it if you are the first time to use. The Tungsten grinder body is upgraded aluminum alloy material, and professional 3D CNC finishing, Durable with no trouble with high-temperature melting. The Brass Guides and Mandrels are also CNC machined with higher accuracy and will be more durable. The new mandrel swing less when grinding, Easy Application.
- The grinder head fits almost all Rotary Tools with a 3/4-12 thread including Black and Decker, Milwaukee, Bosch Dremel and More! (Package No Rotary Tools Included). The tool is Light and portable, simple and quick, it takes less than 30s to sharpen a tungsten needle w/ a perfect angle tip, more convenient than those cumbersome grinding machines on your tig desktop. Help you improve efficiency.
- The Tungsten Electrode Sharpener comes with 4 Brass Tungsten Guide Screws: 040″, 1/16″, 3/32″ and 1/8″ (1mm, 1.6mm, 2.4mm, 3.2mm). The guides ensure concentricity and multi-offset. Increase the utilization of the grinding wheels. When grinding, the position of the copper screw can be exchanged to obtain your desired angles of the tungsten needle. The kit extras come with 1 small storage bag(To prevent scratches and wear), 5x 25mm Double-Sided Grind Wheels, and 2 CNC Mandrels(Service longer).
- A tungsten grinding tool has 4 angled holes. 22.5°, 20°, 15° and 10° (45°, 40°, 30°, 20° Tips Angle respectively). Precise control support grinds more perfectly tungsten angle tips. All holes are designed to touch the same height as the diamond wheel, no need to set repeatedly. The open design allows the grinding wheel to be easily installed and aligned. The sharpening tool also has tungsten cut-off port processing, which can cut the used balled electrodes for re-insert and grinding.
- Wearing a mask and other protective gear is recommended unless you are grinding in a full-sealed space. We are the original brand and have been working on this tool for many years, knowing what our users want and constantly improving it. Please note that the 3mirrors Brand is the Original Design. The appearance can be imitated but the core data and the exact angles cannot. For your convenience, please avoid purchasing piracy. Any questions, please contact us for professional help!
3. DIDUEMEN 8V Handheld Without Debugging Tungst
- Note: Wear goggles to prevent debris from flying when using this tool.
- Strong Function: The tungsten grinder is equipped with a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery, but the grinding capacity is as powerful as that of a corded rotary tool. It only takes 2.5-3 hours to fully charge. When fully charged, it can grind continuously and efficiently for up to 20 minutes without interruption.
- Professional Tungsten Grinding Tool:In order to grind the perfect tungsten sharp corners more professionally, accurately and quickly, 4 brass tungsten guide rails (0.04″, 1/16″, 3/32″, 1/8″ ( 1mm, 1.6mm, 2.4mm, 3.2mm)) and 4 angled (22.5°, 20°, 15°, 10°) screw holes. Guide rails and corner holes better define and stabilize the angle required for grinding, increasing efficiency and reducing wear.
- One-button Speed Change: This tool is equipped with 5 speed settings from 5,000rpm to 30,000rpm, suitable for various work requirements. 4 LED lights are battery indicator. When all four LED lights are on, it is fully charged; when only one LED light is on, it needs to be charged immediately.
- Easy to Use:This is a handheld tungsten steel sharpener with a small body and wireless mode that allows workers to operate without being trapped on the TIG table. Without installation and debugging, even beginners can operate tools well for tungsten grinding.Also, if the sharpener attachment is removed, the grinder can be used as a normal rotary tool.
4. 3mirrors ALUMINUM Tungsten Electrode Sharpene
- One of the advantages of this grinding tool is: It has the most grinding angles and the widest application. The Lastest design is available for 6 sizes of tungsten needles: 040″, 1/16″, 5/64″, 3/32″, 1/8″, 5/32″ (1mm, 1.6mm, 2mm, 2.4mm, 3.2mm, 4mm); Each size can grind 4 tip angles: 15° 18° 22.5° 30° (30° 36° 45° 60°).
- Welders are very particular and pursue perfection. But some of them forgot health. Innovative design! This tool comes with Dust Housing, is Easy to collect and process tungsten powder, also can protect you away from tungsten dust. Tips: 1, if you receive a damaged plastic cover due to transportation, please do not hesitate to contact us, we will provide a free replacement for you; 2. A little grease on the O-rings and dust cover will help ease the installation.
- It is very light and convenient. But very strong and precise. All holes are stationary, so we can set an offset compensation for each size hole to make sure all tungsten’s tip center is on the grinding center point, this offset can ensure that the lines on the tip of the tungsten electrode are as straight as possible. If the hole position is variable, offset compensation cannot be set.
- The tungsten sharpening tool also has tungsten cut-off port processing. After the tungsten you are using is worn or contaminated, you can use the cut-off port for cutting so that you can use it again. Product made of Upgrade aluminum alloy material, CNC finishing more Durable, there will be no trouble of high temperature melting.
- All holes are designed at the same height for the diamond wheel. Needn’t set the height again and again. *As for some reviews about the problem of the improper mandrel, we have already stated in the product description, just move to the Part of the “Chuck Size” setting. This tool is essential for real professionals. We know welders, so we know what they need. We strongly recommend you try this one for a hassle-free investment and a healthy choice for professional welders. Also can be a gift!
5. Eastwood TG1800 Tig Welder Tungsten Sharpener
- PRECISE TUNGSTEN SHARPENER: Professionally prepare your tungsten electrodes to precise 10° and 22.5° angles. By using the mounting slots for your chosen angle you will get consistent and quick results from this tungsten sharpener every time! Improve the quality of your tig welding, and save time & money with this convenient sharpener.
- HOW TO USE: Use this electric corded Tungsten sharper with 1/16” and 3/32” tungstens to create accurate 10° and 22.5° angles. Use the double sided diamond grinding wheel to sharpen up to 200 tungsten electrodes. When sharpening lightly apply pressure against the diamond grinding wheel with the tungsten electrode, and use the adjustable speeds of 0-40,000 RPM to achieve your desired result.
- EASTWOOD QUALITY: Eastwood offers solutions which combines our 4,000+ unique products with the know-how to “Do The Job Right”. With an In-house product design, development and testing and a strong track record of high-quality, innovative products. Used and trusted by top builders to beginners and also provides a Lifetime Tech Support.
- SAFETY INFORMATION: Thoroughly read and understand the product instructions before using this tool. Failure to follow all warnings can result in tool damage or physical injury. Keep these product instructions for future reference.
- WARRANTY: Comes with a 1-year limited warranty and 90-day return.
Best angle grinder for welding Buying guide
When it comes to welding, having the right tools can make a big difference in the quality of the job. An angle grinder is an essential tool for any welder and can be used for a variety of tasks, from grinding welds to cutting metal. When shopping for an angle grinder for welding, there are a few key factors to consider.
First, look for a grinder that is designed for the type of welding you are doing. Different types of welding require different types of grinders. For example, an angle grinder designed for cutting metal may not be suitable for grinding welds.
Second, consider the size and power of the angle grinder. If you are working on larger projects, you will want a grinder with more power and a larger disc size. Smaller projects require less power and a smaller disc size.
Third, consider the speed of the grinder. Higher speed grinders can handle more powerful welding jobs and are more efficient. However, they are also more expensive than slower models.
Fourth, think about the accessories that come with the grinder. Some angle grinders come with extra discs and guards to help prevent sparks and debris from flying during welding.
Finally, make sure to read reviews and do your research to find the best angle grinder for your welding needs. This will help ensure you get the right tool for the job and get the best value for your money.