Random orbital sanders are the go-to tool for anyone looking to remove paint efficiently from any type of surface. For someone who enjoys woodworking, it can be difficult to find an affordable random orbital sander that’s powerful enough to perform the kind of sanding you need to get the job done.
There are so many great models out there and it is tough to choose which one is the best. But don’t worry, we’ve done all of the hard work for you!
In this article, we have reviewed the best random orbital sander for paint removal so that you can understand what’s right for your budget and needs.
Best Random Orbital Sander For Paint Removal
1. Makita BO5030K 5-inch Random Orbit Sander
Makita BO5030K 5″ Random Orbit Sander can be a great choice if you are looking for a sander to remove paint from the floor, deck, or any other wooden surface. It has a 3.0 AMP motor (12,000 OPM) that can get the job done quickly and efficiently. The rubberized grip makes it comfortable to use and easy to control. This sander will make your work easier than ever before!
Makita’s BO5030K 5″ Random Orbit Sander is a powerful and versatile tool that will help you get your projects done in no time. This machine has a large 1/8″ random orbit action, which means it can sand faster than other models on the market.
The pad control system also helps to regulate the speed of the pad upon start-up, so you’ll be able to work more precisely with this tool.
The BO5030K is an excellent choice for anyone who needs a high-quality sander at an affordable price point. It comes with two different types of pads (wet or dry) and even includes a dustbag!
Makita’s BO5030K 5″ Random Orbit Sander is a perfect choice. It features an efficient through-the-pad dust collection system that helps keep your work area cleaner and minimizes contamination from the switch.
The machine also uses quick-change 5″ (8-hole) hook-and-loop abrasive paper, so you can choose what type of sandpaper to use depending on the job at hand.
Things I Liked:
- High torque for tough jobs
- Faster sanding with 3.0 AMP motor (12,000 OPM)
- Faster and smoother results.
- Great dust collection system
- Dust sealed switch minimizes contamination.
- Rubberized grip for improved operator comfort and control
- Prevent airborne dust and debris from entering the work environment.
2. DEWALT DWE6423K Variable Random Orbit Sander
The DEWALT Random Orbit Sander is another perfect sander for removing paint. It’s lightweight, powerful, and comfortable to use. With 3.0-amps of power, it can sand through tough jobs quickly and easily without overheating or slowing down.
And with its shorter height, you can get right up close to your workpiece without having to bend over or strain yourself in any way. This electric sander also has a separate counterweight design that reduces vibration so you can work longer without getting tired out from all the shaking around on your hands and wrists.
The DEWALT Random Orbit Sander is the perfect tool to get your project done. It’s designed with rubber over-mold in all of the critical areas of the sander and has an improved dust-sealed switch to protect against dust ingestion for longer switch life. This professional-grade product will help you complete any task quickly and efficiently.
This sander features an improved dust collection system that captures 99% of the dust created by the machine, so you can work in your workshop without worrying about getting dirty. It also has a one-handed locking dust bag which makes it easy to empty when full. To attach this sander to other vacuum systems with 1-1/4″ hoses, use DWV9000 Universal Quick Connector.
Things I Liked:
- Longer switch life
- Improved dust protection.
- Dust is collected quickly and efficiently
- Easier to control and maneuver into tight spaces.
- A one-handed locking dust bag makes it easier to empty the vacuum
- The 3.0 amp motor spins the pad at 12,000 OPM for better sanding performance and less
- Dust sealed switch that protects against dust ingestion, which extends the life of the switch.
- Rubber over-mold in all critical areas to provide a better grip and protection from drops.
3. BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Random Orbital Sander
The BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Random Orbital Sander is the perfect tool for quick sanding jobs. It’s lightweight and easy to use, with a compact design that fits in tight spaces. Plus it’s cordless so there are no cords to get tangled up or restrict movement. You can take this handy little guy anywhere!
The BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Random Orbital Sander is the perfect tool for any project that requires removing material, paint, or stain. It features a 30% smaller design than leading competitor Ryobi P411 and a 12k OPM power sander with variable speed control for quick removal of material. This lightweight hand sander also includes an ergonomic grip and convenient dust bag so you can work smarter, not harder.
The BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Random Orbital Sander is the perfect tool for any job. It’s lightweight and compact, so it can be used in tight spaces or overhead. With dust collection, you can work without worrying about making a mess on your work surface. The hook and loop system makes paper changes easy too!
Things I Liked:
- Easy to use
- Cordless convenience
- Dust collection helps to keep the work surface clean.
- The hook and loop system helps make paper changes easy.
- It’s 30% more compact than leading competitor Ryobi P411 power sander.
- 12k OPM provides the speed to quickly remove material, paint, or stain
At the end of this post, you should have a sense as to what type of random orbital sander is right for your needs. You can now make an educated decision about which one will work best in your budget and life. All these sanders are good so don’t stress too much over picking just one!