With so many palm sander for refinishing furniture brands on the market like Pink Power, Skil, BLACK+DECKER, DEWALT, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. Pink Power Detail Sander for Woodworking 20V
- What’s included: (1) PP204 20 Volt Detail Sander, (1) 13″ Tool Bag, (1) 20 Volt 1.5A.h Lithium-Ion Battery, (1) Fast Charger, (1) P60, (1) P80, and (1) P120 Sandpaper Pad, and a full three-year warranty that protects against any damage or defects.
- Detail sander for woodworking: Unlike orbital sanders, detail sanders can fit into small spaces and offer more control. They’re great for sanding in corners, finishing cabinets, refinishing furniture, or putting the final touches on crafting projects.
- Cordless electric sander: The battery charges in less than an hour and features an LED power gauge so you’re never surprised by a low charge. The PP202 battery is compatible with other 20V Pink Power Tools including the PP203 Drill and PP201 Vacuum.
- Handheld power sander: The PP204 sander orbits 11,000 times per minute and the 1.5A.h battery gives up to 20 minutes of continuous sanding. The ergonomic, soft-grip handle offers a multi-position grip and makes it easy to maneuver.
- No hassle hook and loop: Sandpaper attaches to the sander through a hook and loop system, making them easy to swap out, while the dust collection box keeps dust off of workspaces. Each sander weighs 2.7 pounds with the battery.
2. SKIL Corded Multi-Function Detail Sander with
- POWERFUL – With a 1. 2 amp motor and 13,500 orbits per minute, it’s able to deliver a smooth performance over a variety of sanding applications.
- VERSATILITY ON THE QUICK – This 4-in-1 detail sander comes with an additional 3 detail attachments for fine finishing large surfaces corners/edges and any surface contour. These attachments are easy to change with no tool needed.
- TOUGH ON DUST – Between its micro-filtration system and the 1-1/4″ dust port for vacuum attachment you can choose your preferred way to keep dust away.
- EASY SANDING SHEET CHANGE – Hook and loop system for simple and quick sanding sheet changes.
- LOW VIBRATION – Ergonomic design and a soft rubber grip your hand stays comfortable while counterweight balance reduces hand fatigue from vibration. All so that you can work longer.
- EASY ON/OFF – Dust sealed on/off switch makes a hassle-free flip-of-the-switch during application.
3. BLACK+DECKER MOUSE 1.2 Amp Electric Detail Sa
- COMPACT DESIGN – Allows access to cramped corners and tight spaces.
- POWERFUL MOTOR – 1.2 Amp motor supplies 16,000 orbits per minute for fast and thorough material removal.
- DETAIL FINGER ATTACHMENT – Interchangeable attachment allows access to hard-to-reach spots.
- DUST COLLECTION CANISTER – High-performance system with micro-filtration keeps your worksurface clean with less sawdust and debris.
- 3-POSITION GRIP – For added versatility and control. POWERFUL MOTOR – 1.2 Amp motor supplies 16, orbits per minute for fast and thorough material removal.
- HOOK-AND-LOOP SYSTEM – Makes changing sandpaper fast and easy.
- CORDED – Corded design offers unlimited runtime for even the biggest jobs.
- INCLUDES –(1) BDEMS600 sander, (1) detail finger attachment.
4. DEWALT Palm Sander, 1/4 Sheet (DWE6411K)
- 2.3 AMP motor of the electric sander sands at 14,000 OPM
- Rubber overmold texture will provide a smooth and comfortable control while sanding
- Improved paper clamp of the 1/4 sheet sander features for better paper retention
- Locking dust-port system that allows the user to lock vacuum hose up with the sander
- Reduced overall height of the sander to get the user closer to their work
- Foam pad for flatter sanding plane
- Separate counterwieght for reduced vibration
- Rubber dust boot over the switch to protect against dust ingestion for longer switch life
- Dust port is designed to fit directly to DWV010 or DWV012 dust collectors
- To attach dust port to other vacs with 1 1/4-inch hoses use DWV9000 universal quick connector
5. DEWALT 20V MAX Orbital Sander Kit, 5 inch, 3
- 3.0-amp motor of the orbital sander spins the pad at 12,000 OPM
- Shorter height of the hand sander allows the user to get closer to work piece
- Separate counterweight design reduces vibration for improved comfort of the electric sander
- Rubber over-mold in all of the critical areas of the sander
- Improved dust-sealed switch to protect against dust ingestion for longer switch life
- Improved dust collection and one-handed locking dust bag
- Dust port is designed to fit directly to the DWV010 or DWV012 dust collectors
- To attach dust port to other vacuum systems with 1-1/4-inch hoses, use DWV9000 Universal Quick Connector
Best palm sander for refinishing furniture Buying guide
When it comes to refinishing furniture, a palm sander is a must-have tool. When choosing a palm sander, you should consider the type of material you’ll be sanding, the size of the sander, and the power of the sander.
When it comes to the type of material you’ll be sanding, the most important factor is the type of sandpaper you’ll need. Some materials, like wood, require finer grains of sandpaper than others, like metal. Be sure to choose a sander that is compatible with the type of sandpaper you’ll need.
The size of the sander is also important. A larger sander will be able to sand larger surfaces more quickly, but it may be too big and unwieldy for smaller furniture pieces. A smaller sander may be more convenient to use, but it may be unable to handle larger projects.
Finally, the power of the sander is important. A more powerful sander will be able to sand larger projects more quickly, but it may also create more dust. A less powerful sander may take longer to sand a project, but it will create less dust.
By considering the type of material, the size of the sander, and the power of the sander, you can find the best palm sander for your refinishing project.