With so many orbital sander for refinishing furniture brands on the market like DEWALT, BOSCH, gogonova, Skil, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. DEWALT 20V MAX Orbital Sander Kit, 5 inch, 3
- 3.0-amp motor of the orbital sander spins the pad at 12,000 OPM
- Shorter height of the hand sander allows the user to get closer to work piece
- Separate counterweight design reduces vibration for improved comfort of the electric sander
- Rubber over-mold in all of the critical areas of the sander
- Improved dust-sealed switch to protect against dust ingestion for longer switch life
- Improved dust collection and one-handed locking dust bag
- Dust port is designed to fit directly to the DWV010 or DWV012 dust collectors
- To attach dust port to other vacuum systems with 1-1/4-inch hoses, use DWV9000 Universal Quick Connector
2. BOSCH Power Tools – GET75-6N – Electric Orbit
- Dual mode: Provides 2 sanding modes, random orbit mode for normal stock removal or fine finishing and “turbo” Driven eccentric orbit mode for aggressive stock removal at 5 times the rate of the normal random orbit sanding mode
- Variable speed: The GET75 6N comes with a powerful 7. 5 amp variable speed motor (no load speed: 290 to 640 RPM, no load orbit speed: 3300 to 7300 OPM) provide power, flexibility for jobs
- Ease of use: Get fast, smooth finishes on a variety of surfaces
- Passive dust collection system: Passive dust collection system that requires a vacuum cleaner and hoses; Accepts Bosch VAC001, VAC009 and VAC010 hoses (sold separately) or a Bosch VAC002 hose adapter (included)
- Orbital sander Package includes: The GET75 6N unit includes 1 (1) soft backing pad, 1 (1) hex pad wrench, 1 (1) sanding disc, 1 (1) removable front handle, 2 (2) vacuum hose adapters; Perfect for normal removal, most sanding jobs, wood floors, furniture finishing and polishing applications
- Turbo mode – has direct-drive rotation for 3x stock removal of standard random-orbit mode, for an alternative to a belt sander
- Multi-hole pad system – allows flexibility so tool can use a wide variety of abrasive discs
3. DEWALT 20V MAX Orbital Sander Kit, 5 Inch, Co
- Orbital sander with brushless motor provides runtime and efficiency to get the job done
- Variable-speed control of the hand sander from 8,000 to 12,000 OPM to match the speed to the application.
- Low-profile height of the power sander allows user to get close to work surface for precise sanding.
- Replaceable 8-hole hook-and-loop sanding pad (DWE64233) for quick, easy paper changing
- Dust-sealed switch to protect against dust ingestion for long switch life.
- Texturized rubber overmold grip for comfortable sanding
- One-handed locking dust bag
- Dust port is designed to fit directly to the DWV010 or DWV012 dust collectors (sold separately)
- To attach dust port to other vacuum systems with 1-1/4-inch hoses, use DWV9000 Universal Quick Connector (sold separately).
- PSA replacement pad available as service part number N373679 (sold separately)
4. 3.0A (360W) Orbit Sander, GoGonova 6 Speeds R
- 【Superior Motor with Variable Speeds】- Powerful 3.0 Amp (360W) motor up to 13,000RPM is ready to meet your expectation for sanding on either contoured or flat surfaces. 6 available speeds of our orbit sander make sure the projects be matching up with the required speed.
- 【Efficient Dust Collection】- Embedded with the dust collection system, the sander itself blow and collect dust into the cyclone box. The transparent design keeps you on track to avoid clogging. The extra vacuum adapter of our sanding machine has the dust directly to your cleaner without leaving workspace mess.
- 【Ergonomic & Shock Absorb】- Premium palm material effectively absorb shock and reduce vibration during operation. The rubberized grip by soft-gripping-surface (TPE) is ergonomic and promises steady holding for hour’s tasks. Improving your comfort and control.
- 【15pcs Sandpapers & Quick Change Function】- 15pcs sanding discs range from 80/100/120 grit for multiple applications. Hook and loop design makes sure a quick and tool-free paper changes.
- 【Smooth & Clean】- Our GoGonova random orbital sander achieve a swirl-free finish and even texture. It is an ideal sanding and polishing machine for wood, furniture, metal or removing paint, etc.
5. SKIL Corded Multi-Function Detail Sander with
- POWERFUL – With a 1. 2 amp motor and 13,500 orbits per minute, it’s able to deliver a smooth performance over a variety of sanding applications.
- VERSATILITY ON THE QUICK – This 4-in-1 detail sander comes with an additional 3 detail attachments for fine finishing large surfaces corners/edges and any surface contour. These attachments are easy to change with no tool needed.
- TOUGH ON DUST – Between its micro-filtration system and the 1-1/4″ dust port for vacuum attachment you can choose your preferred way to keep dust away.
- EASY SANDING SHEET CHANGE – Hook and loop system for simple and quick sanding sheet changes.
- LOW VIBRATION – Ergonomic design and a soft rubber grip your hand stays comfortable while counterweight balance reduces hand fatigue from vibration. All so that you can work longer.
- EASY ON/OFF – Dust sealed on/off switch makes a hassle-free flip-of-the-switch during application.
Best orbital sander for refinishing furniture Buying guide
When refinishing furniture, an orbital sander is a must-have tool. It’s the fastest and most efficient way to sand down surfaces and edges, allowing you to achieve an even and smooth finish. To help you find the right orbital sander for your project, consider the following factors:
Power: Look for an orbital sander that has enough power to get the job done. You’ll want to make sure it can handle the type of surface you’re working on, as well as the size of the surface.
Dust Collection: Look for an orbital sander that has a dust collection system. This will make the sanding process much cleaner and more efficient.
Ergonomics: Make sure the orbital sander you choose is comfortable to use. It should have a good grip and its weight should be evenly distributed.
Speed: Look for an orbital sander that can adjust its speed for different applications. This will give you more control over the sanding process.
Price: Consider your budget when buying an orbital sander. You don’t want to go over your budget, but you also don’t want to skimp on quality. Look for a sander that has the features you need and is within your price range.