With so many orbital sander fine woodworking brands on the market like Norton, Xtract, BOSCH, Skil, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. Norton A275OP PSA Adhesive Sandpaper Roll, 80
- P800 grit sandpaper roll for orbital sander or right angle grinder
- Upgrade your sanding experience with Norton A275OP PSA sandpaper, a premium P-graded, heat treated, toughened aluminum oxide sanding abrasive delivers superior life, fast cut rates and a consistent finish
- This adhesive sandpaper for metal and wood has a unique fiber reinforced, flexible B-weight latex saturated backing that provides 50%-60% improvement in tear strength while retaining flexibility
- Professionally designed with a water-based, non-pigmented stearate No-Fil coating and open coat provide maximum load resistance and no color transfer to work
- Use these sanding discs as the best choice for high-performance fine grit dry sanding, finishing, and micro-finishing on all materials; the pressure sensitive adhesive and linked disc roll format allow for easy application, removal, and dispensing
2. 3M Xtract Electric Random Orbital Sander, Erg
- HIGH QUALITY ELECTRIC ROS: Built with high-quality components that stand up to long hours on the shop floor
- POWERFUL AND PRECISION-BALANCED MOTOR: Whisper quiet for precision-balanced motor for smoother running
- ERGONOMIC LOW-PROFILE DESIGN: Smaller and lighter (3 lb) than traditional electric sanders. The composite cover is completely encased with 3M Gripping Material, increasing operator control while absoring and reducing vibration
- SAFETY FUNCTION: Automatically switch to “Stand-By” mode if left un-used for 5 minutes
- PART OF THE 3M XTRACT CLEAN SANDING SOLUTIONS: When used with 3M Xtract Net Discs and dust extraction, the sytem extracts up to 97% of the dust created during sanding
- For industrial/occupational use only. Not for consumer sale or use.
3. BOSCH Power Tools – GET75-6N – Electric Orbit
- Dual mode: Provides 2 sanding modes, random orbit mode for normal stock removal or fine finishing and “turbo” Driven eccentric orbit mode for aggressive stock removal at 5 times the rate of the normal random orbit sanding mode
- Variable speed: The GET75 6N comes with a powerful 7. 5 amp variable speed motor (no load speed: 290 to 640 RPM, no load orbit speed: 3300 to 7300 OPM) provide power, flexibility for jobs
- Ease of use: Get fast, smooth finishes on a variety of surfaces
- Passive dust collection system: Passive dust collection system that requires a vacuum cleaner and hoses; Accepts Bosch VAC001, VAC009 and VAC010 hoses (sold separately) or a Bosch VAC002 hose adapter (included)
- Orbital sander Package includes: The GET75 6N unit includes 1 (1) soft backing pad, 1 (1) hex pad wrench, 1 (1) sanding disc, 1 (1) removable front handle, 2 (2) vacuum hose adapters; Perfect for normal removal, most sanding jobs, wood floors, furniture finishing and polishing applications
- Turbo mode – has direct-drive rotation for 3x stock removal of standard random-orbit mode, for an alternative to a belt sander
- Multi-hole pad system – allows flexibility so tool can use a wide variety of abrasive discs
4. BOSCH ROS20VSC Palm Sander 2.5 Amp 5 In. Cord
- SMOOTH FINISH: pad dampening system designed to eliminate swirl marks on both flat and contoured surfaces
- EASY DISC ATTACHMENT: through Bosch’s signature Hook and Loop disc attachment system, sanding pads stick to the hand sander, acting like a Velcro-adhesion material
- VARIABLE SPEED CONTROL: powerful 2.5 AMP motor allows speed to work-piece and task matching with ease; no-load OPM: 7,500-12,000
- DUST COLLECTION: features a micro filter system for fine dust and trapping particles as small as a 1/2-micron in diameter. Durable and compact, the dust canister shows dust level and easily detaches for mess-free tasks
- KIT CONTENTS: Includes sanding pad, sanding disc, dampening ring, dust canister, vacuum adapter and carrying bag
5. SKIL 5” Random Orbital Sander with Cyclonic D
- POWERFUL – With a 2.8 amp motor and 13,000 orbits per minute, it’s able to deliver a smooth performance over a variety of sanding applications.
- EASY TO CLEAN DUST CONTAINER – The X-flow dust collector uses cyclone force to collect dust in it’s easy-to-empty transparent container.
- SPEED CONTROL – Variable speed control provides the right amount of power and control across different materials.
- LOW VIBRATION – Through its ergonomic design and a soft rubber grip your hand stays comfortable while counterweight balance reduces hand fatigue from vibration. All so that you can work longer.
- SAND IN TIGHT PLACES – With a compact size and ergonomic design This sander can get into tight spaces easily and maximizes user control.
- EASY ON/OFF – The dust sealed on/off switch makes a hassle-free flip-of-the-switch during application.
Best orbital sander fine woodworking Buying guide
When looking for the best orbital sander for fine woodworking, it is important to consider the power, size, and dust collection capabilities of the sander.
Power: A higher powered sander will be able to sand more quickly and efficiently. Look for an orbital sander that has an adjustable speed setting so that you can adjust the speed to suit the type of wood you are sanding.
Size: The size of the sander is important in order to determine the size of the area that it can cover. A larger sander will allow you to sand larger areas faster, while a smaller sander is perfect for smaller projects.
Dust Collection: Many sanders come with a dust collection bag or port to help keep your work area clean and free of dust. Look for a sander that has a dust collection system that is easy to empty and replace.
These are just a few of the features to consider when shopping for the best orbital sander for fine woodworking. By taking the time to research the features of different sanders and compare them to your needs, you can find the perfect sander for your woodworking projects.