With so many heavy duty belt sander brands on the market like RIDGID, Chicago Pneumatic, Bucktool, Jet, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. RIDGID R2740 Heavy Duty Variable Speed Belt S
- This item is SANDER, BELT 3 X 18 R2740 28533
- This product is used for power-detail-sanders
- This product manufacture by China
2. Chicago Pneumatic CP9779 – Air Belt Sander To
- Excellent for paint removal, weld sanding, smoothing and rust removal in tight areas
- Quick-change belt replacement
- Rubber molded grip
- Adjustable sanding arm
- Handle exhaust and swivel air inlet
3. RIDGID ZRR2740 6.5 Amp 3-in X 18-in Heavy Dut
- Twin fan high efficiency dust collection means one fan cools the motor while the other collects dust resulting in maximum dust pickup efficiency
- Soft grip handles for increased comfort and decreased vibration
- 12-ft all rubber cord with cord wrap for added durability and convenience
- Automatic belt tracking tool automatically adjusts belt to center of plate for alignment
- 6.5 Amp motor belt and gear driven for added power and durability
4. Bucktool Combo 2″ x 42″ Belt Sander 6″ Bench
- HIGH EFFICIENCY: This sander meets CSA standards, with heavy-duty construction can extend using life, equipped with an induction motor that supplies the needed power running under load, the motor is 1/3HP, 3.5 Amp, the no load wheel speed is 3450 RPM and belt speed 4480 FPM
- MULTI-FUNCTION SANDER: This combo 2″x42″ belt sander 6″ bench grinder includes a 2-Inch x 42-Inch high-quality metal sanding belt that can be used for general purpose sanding and finishing on most metals, wood, plastics, and other materials
- MULTI-ANGLE SANDING: The belt can tilt from 0 to 90 degrees for sanding to meet your project, the belt housing can swivel from horizontal to vertical for sanding long workpieces
- EASY TO USE: Equipped with a 6-Inch 60 grit white grinding wheel with tool-free adjustable eye shield and Led light, the quick-release tension and tracking mechanism make belt changes quick and easy
- TWO WORKTABLES: Equipped with two workbenches for more convenient sanding, the cast iron belt sander work table can give better support when sharpening with metal, and the cast AL big work table can work well with wood material, the sturdy cast iron base with rubber foot prevents vibrations
5. JET J-4002, 1″ x 42″ Belt and 8″ Disc Sander,
- VERSATILE: Hinged idler wheel cover and removable platen allows for sanding of outside curves or odd-shaped work pieces on the belt.
- STURDY: Main body consists of cast iron construction, while the base is constructed from heavy-duty steel.
- MITER GAUGE: Turns and locks for common angles, 45° both left and right.
- DUST COLLECTION: Two 1-1/4″ ports can be hooked up to a dust collection system.
- EFFICIENT: Abrasive belt unit removes material and finishes at the same time, allowing the operator to get into small openings.
Best heavy duty belt sander Buying guide
When looking for the best heavy duty belt sander, there are several features to consider. First, the power of the sander is essential. Look for a sander that has at least 1.5 horsepower for heavy-duty sanding and a variable speed motor for more control. Second, the size of belt and the type of grit is important. The larger the belt, the more surface area it will cover. Grit type can range from coarse to fine and will depend on the type of project. Third, the dust collection system is essential for a cleaner workspace; look for models that come with a dust bag or port for easy collection. Finally, look for a sander with rubberized handles for ergonomic grip and comfort while working. A comfortable grip will make sanding easier and more efficient.