With so many hand sander for stairs brands on the market like Skil, Pink Power, BLACK+DECKER, DEKOPRO, DEWALT, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. SKIL Corded Multi-Function Detail Sander with
- POWERFUL – With a 1. 2 amp motor and 13,500 orbits per minute, it’s able to deliver a smooth performance over a variety of sanding applications.
- VERSATILITY ON THE QUICK – This 4-in-1 detail sander comes with an additional 3 detail attachments for fine finishing large surfaces corners/edges and any surface contour. These attachments are easy to change with no tool needed.
- TOUGH ON DUST – Between its micro-filtration system and the 1-1/4″ dust port for vacuum attachment you can choose your preferred way to keep dust away.
- EASY SANDING SHEET CHANGE – Hook and loop system for simple and quick sanding sheet changes.
- LOW VIBRATION – Ergonomic design and a soft rubber grip your hand stays comfortable while counterweight balance reduces hand fatigue from vibration. All so that you can work longer.
- EASY ON/OFF – Dust sealed on/off switch makes a hassle-free flip-of-the-switch during application.
2. Pink Power Detail Sander for Woodworking 20V
- What’s included: (1) PP204 20 Volt Detail Sander, (1) 13″ Tool Bag, (1) 20 Volt 1.5A.h Lithium-Ion Battery, (1) Fast Charger, (1) P60, (1) P80, and (1) P120 Sandpaper Pad, and a full three-year warranty that protects against any damage or defects.
- Detail sander for woodworking: Unlike orbital sanders, detail sanders can fit into small spaces and offer more control. They’re great for sanding in corners, finishing cabinets, refinishing furniture, or putting the final touches on crafting projects.
- Cordless electric sander: The battery charges in less than an hour and features an LED power gauge so you’re never surprised by a low charge. The PP202 battery is compatible with other 20V Pink Power Tools including the PP203 Drill and PP201 Vacuum.
- Handheld power sander: The PP204 sander orbits 11,000 times per minute and the 1.5A.h battery gives up to 20 minutes of continuous sanding. The ergonomic, soft-grip handle offers a multi-position grip and makes it easy to maneuver.
- No hassle hook and loop: Sandpaper attaches to the sander through a hook and loop system, making them easy to swap out, while the dust collection box keeps dust off of workspaces. Each sander weighs 2.7 pounds with the battery.
3. BLACK+DECKER MOUSE 1.2 Amp Electric Detail Sa
- COMPACT DESIGN – Allows access to cramped corners and tight spaces.
- POWERFUL MOTOR – 1.2 Amp motor supplies 16,000 orbits per minute for fast and thorough material removal.
- DETAIL FINGER ATTACHMENT – Interchangeable attachment allows access to hard-to-reach spots.
- DUST COLLECTION CANISTER – High-performance system with micro-filtration keeps your worksurface clean with less sawdust and debris.
- 3-POSITION GRIP – For added versatility and control. POWERFUL MOTOR – 1.2 Amp motor supplies 16, orbits per minute for fast and thorough material removal.
- HOOK-AND-LOOP SYSTEM – Makes changing sandpaper fast and easy.
- CORDED – Corded design offers unlimited runtime for even the biggest jobs.
- INCLUDES –(1) BDEMS600 sander, (1) detail finger attachment.
4. DEKOPRO Random Orbit Sander 2.5A with 16Pcs S
- 【Powerful Operating System & 6 Various Speed】Our random orbit sander has 6 various speed,the speed dial allows you to increase or decrease the speed from 7,000-14,000 orbits per minute to different applications and materials.More comfortable rubber grip design, which can reduce hand fatigue. Low vibration and noise can help you concentrate on your work.
- 【16 Pcs Sandpapers & Magic Tape】Our hand sander equipped with 5-inch 16 pcs , included 3 pcs 60 mesh, 1 pcs 80 mesh, 3 pcs 120 mesh,3 pcs 240 mesh, 3 pcs 400 mesh and 3 pcs 1000 mesh sandpapers.It can meet your different applications of sanding, smoothing out wood, removing paint, varnish, polish, stains, blemishes, polishing, etc. With Hook and loop(magic tape) sanding padxa0design and it is easier to replace sandpaper.
- 【Pad brake】 These sanders are equipped with a pad brake that prevents over-speeding of the pad. If the tool is lifted off the work surface while the motor is running, the brake will limit pad rotation to no more than 500 OPM.The plastic pad brake is used to provide the braking action.
- 【Transparant Detachable Dust Bag】 The dust bag adopts a unique transparent design and it is easy to disassemble and install,which is convenient for you to pay attention to dust at any time when sanding and clean it in time to effectively avoid dust clogging.The dust container has axa0a micro-filter dust canister, xa0it optimizes dust collection by 8 vacuum holes extracting dust and built-in vacuum port adapter is engineered for improved dust collection efficiency.
- 【What you get】1*DEKOPRO Random Orbit Sander; 16*Sandpapers(3 pcs 60 mesh, 1 pcs 80 mesh, 3 pcs 120 mesh,3 pcs 240 mesh, 3 pcs 400 mesh and 3 pcs 1000 mesh); 1*Dust Collector; 1 * User Manual; 24 months Warranty and Best Customer Service.
5. DEWALT 20V MAX Orbital Sander Kit, 5 Inch, Co
- Orbital sander with brushless motor provides runtime and efficiency to get the job done
- Variable-speed control of the hand sander from 8,000 to 12,000 OPM to match the speed to the application.
- Low-profile height of the power sander allows user to get close to work surface for precise sanding.
- Replaceable 8-hole hook-and-loop sanding pad (DWE64233) for quick, easy paper changing
- Dust-sealed switch to protect against dust ingestion for long switch life.
- Texturized rubber overmold grip for comfortable sanding
- One-handed locking dust bag
- Dust port is designed to fit directly to the DWV010 or DWV012 dust collectors (sold separately)
- To attach dust port to other vacuum systems with 1-1/4-inch hoses, use DWV9000 Universal Quick Connector (sold separately).
- PSA replacement pad available as service part number N373679 (sold separately)
Best hand sander for stairs Buying guide
When selecting a hand sander for stairs, it is important to consider the size of the sander, the type of sandpaper used, and the power of the sander.
Size: The size of your sander should depend on the size of the stairs you will be sanding. If you are sanding large or curved stairs, a larger sander may be more suitable. If you are sanding smaller stairs, a smaller sander may be more appropriate.
Type of Sandpaper: Different types of sandpaper can be used to sand stairs. Coarse sandpaper is suitable for removing old paint, while medium and fine grade sandpaper is best for finishing.
Power: The power of the sander you choose should depend on the type and size of the stairs you will be sanding. A higher wattage sander will provide more power and be able to sand through more difficult surfaces.