With so many finish sander for woodworking brands on the market like BOSCH, Makita, “King Arthurs Tools, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. BOSCH Power Tools – GET75-6N – Electric Orbit
- Dual mode: Provides 2 sanding modes, random orbit mode for normal stock removal or fine finishing and “turbo” Driven eccentric orbit mode for aggressive stock removal at 5 times the rate of the normal random orbit sanding mode
- Variable speed: The GET75 6N comes with a powerful 7. 5 amp variable speed motor (no load speed: 290 to 640 RPM, no load orbit speed: 3300 to 7300 OPM) provide power, flexibility for jobs
- Ease of use: Get fast, smooth finishes on a variety of surfaces
- Passive dust collection system: Passive dust collection system that requires a vacuum cleaner and hoses; Accepts Bosch VAC001, VAC009 and VAC010 hoses (sold separately) or a Bosch VAC002 hose adapter (included)
- Orbital sander Package includes: The GET75 6N unit includes 1 (1) soft backing pad, 1 (1) hex pad wrench, 1 (1) sanding disc, 1 (1) removable front handle, 2 (2) vacuum hose adapters; Perfect for normal removal, most sanding jobs, wood floors, furniture finishing and polishing applications
- Turbo mode – has direct-drive rotation for 3x stock removal of standard random-orbit mode, for an alternative to a belt sander
- Multi-hole pad system – allows flexibility so tool can use a wide variety of abrasive discs
2. Makita BO4900V 1/2 Sheet Finishing Sander
- Uses commonly available 4-1/2″ x 9-1/8″ hook-and-loop or 4-1/2″ x 11″ half sheet abrasive paper
- Efficient through-the-pad dust collection system for a cleaner work environment
- Minimized vibration and contoured grips for added comfort
- Large trigger switch for easier operation
- Variable speed control dial (4,000-10,000 OPM) enables user to match the speed to the application
3. King Arthur’s Tools Patented Guinevere Total
- EASY TO USE – Take the hard work out of hand sanding curved surfaces like the inside of bowls and boxes! Guinevere Basic Sanding Kit easily connects to your Guinevere Sanding Motor, or to many of your rotary tools and drills with a 0-3/8″ (0-10 mm) chuck.
- COMPLETE KIT – King Arthur’s Tools Guinevere Total Sanding Kit includes 3 inflatable drum sander with round sanding sleeves + 2 inflatable drum sander with drum sanding sleeves + 1 hand pump with Allen key + 2 key chucks for drill machines + 1 cleaning stick.
- TECHNOLOGY – Inflatable bulbs are gently pumped up through an air inlet in the drive shaft and conform to the shape of your work, whether concave, convex or flat. This molded rubber bulb constantly flexes and changes shape, making the sanders soft all the way to the edge.
- VERSATILITY – Our patented inflatable sanders work on wood, metal, rubber, leather, plastic, stone and glass. Ideal for difficult profiles, finishing small to medium carvings, boxes, bowls, musical instruments, duck decoys, walking sticks, fine furniture, toys, spoons, 3D-intarsia, taxidermy and a myriad of other DIY applications.
- QUALITY – Every sanding sleeve is made to specifically fit each inflatable sander. The sanding cloth material is highly flexible and made of the very best quality, sanding not only wood but also metals, plastic, bone and horn. Our sleeve design reduces the tendency to be clogged by dust and resin compared with rotating paper discs.
4. King Arthur’s Tools Guinevere Sanding and Pol
- UTILITY – This 110-115v small, portable, extremely quiet and powerful motor is optimized for use with our flexible shaft and inflatable sanders. Both chucks can be open up to 3/8″ (10 mm) so you can quickly change to a variety of supported sanders and tools.
- EASY CONTROL – The high speed 1/2 HP single phase motor provides smooth and vibration free operation up to 3600 RPM so you can improve your work efficiency and save time. For maximum control and performance, please use King Arthur’s Tools inflatable sanders.
- RUGGED DESIGN – This bench sander and polishing motor is designed to be light at only 4-5 pounds, and is very easy to carry and use. Made with high quality materials to make it strong, wear-resistant and durable for long-term professional use.
- VERSATILE CHUCKS – Dual 1/16”- 3/8” chucks can fit most cutting discs, drilling bits, brushes, etc. so that you can cut, carve, drill, grind, polish, mill, brush, clean, and de-rust all in one multifunction machine.
- LOW MAINTENANCE – This sanding and polishing machine has pre-lubricated ball bearings and a dust-proof motor housing that makes it maintenance-free. Both chucks are tapered-connected to the motor shaft guaranteeing smooth, vibration-free running.
5. BOSCH OS50VC Electric Orbital Sander – 3.4 Am
- VERSATILE: Flush sanding ability sands close to vertical surfaces on 3 sides
- ACCURACY: SheetLoc Supreme Paper Clamping System for perfect paper fit. Also accepts stick on paper
- CONVENIENCE: Lowest vibration of any electric orbital sander.Orbit Diameter:3/32 inch
- DUST COLLECTION: Translucent micro filter dust canister with integrated paper filter and screw-off cap for easiest emptying
- KIT CONTENTS: Includes OS50VC sander, micro filter dust canister, removable front handle, VAC024 vacuum hose adapter, 5 mm hex wrench, sanding sheet and punch plate
Best finish sander for woodworking Buying guide
When purchasing a finish sander, there are a few key things to consider. First, consider the type of sander needed. For example, orbital sanders are best for large flat surfaces, while belt sanders are better for bigger, heavier projects. Additionally, think about the size and power of the sander. A large, powerful sander may be better for heavier projects, while a smaller, lighter sander may be better for smaller projects. Finally, consider the features the sander offers. Look for features like a dust collection system, variable speed control, and a soft start motor for smooth sanding. Once you have considered these factors, you can choose the best finish sander for your woodworking needs.