With so many electric sander for wood trim brands on the market like BLACK+DECKER, BOSCH, Xtract, Mirka, Skil, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. BLACK+DECKER MOUSE 1.2 Amp Electric Detail Sa
- COMPACT DESIGN – Allows access to cramped corners and tight spaces.
- POWERFUL MOTOR – 1.2 Amp motor supplies 16,000 orbits per minute for fast and thorough material removal.
- DETAIL FINGER ATTACHMENT – Interchangeable attachment allows access to hard-to-reach spots.
- DUST COLLECTION CANISTER – High-performance system with micro-filtration keeps your worksurface clean with less sawdust and debris.
- 3-POSITION GRIP – For added versatility and control. POWERFUL MOTOR – 1.2 Amp motor supplies 16, orbits per minute for fast and thorough material removal.
- HOOK-AND-LOOP SYSTEM – Makes changing sandpaper fast and easy.
- CORDED – Corded design offers unlimited runtime for even the biggest jobs.
- INCLUDES –(1) BDEMS600 sander, (1) detail finger attachment.
2. BOSCH Power Tools – GET75-6N – Electric Orbit
- Dual mode: Provides 2 sanding modes, random orbit mode for normal stock removal or fine finishing and “turbo” Driven eccentric orbit mode for aggressive stock removal at 5 times the rate of the normal random orbit sanding mode
- Variable speed: The GET75 6N comes with a powerful 7. 5 amp variable speed motor (no load speed: 290 to 640 RPM, no load orbit speed: 3300 to 7300 OPM) provide power, flexibility for jobs
- Ease of use: Get fast, smooth finishes on a variety of surfaces
- Passive dust collection system: Passive dust collection system that requires a vacuum cleaner and hoses; Accepts Bosch VAC001, VAC009 and VAC010 hoses (sold separately) or a Bosch VAC002 hose adapter (included)
- Orbital sander Package includes: The GET75 6N unit includes 1 (1) soft backing pad, 1 (1) hex pad wrench, 1 (1) sanding disc, 1 (1) removable front handle, 2 (2) vacuum hose adapters; Perfect for normal removal, most sanding jobs, wood floors, furniture finishing and polishing applications
- Turbo mode – has direct-drive rotation for 3x stock removal of standard random-orbit mode, for an alternative to a belt sander
- Multi-hole pad system – allows flexibility so tool can use a wide variety of abrasive discs
3. 3M Xtract Electric Random Orbital Sander, Erg
- HIGH QUALITY ELECTRIC ROS: Built with high-quality components that stand up to long hours on the shop floor
- POWERFUL AND PRECISION-BALANCED MOTOR: Whisper quiet for precision-balanced motor for smoother running
- ERGONOMIC LOW-PROFILE DESIGN: Smaller and lighter (3 lb) than traditional electric sanders. The composite cover is completely encased with 3M Gripping Material, increasing operator control while absoring and reducing vibration
- SAFETY FUNCTION: Automatically switch to “Stand-By” mode if left un-used for 5 minutes
- PART OF THE 3M XTRACT CLEAN SANDING SOLUTIONS: When used with 3M Xtract Net Discs and dust extraction, the sytem extracts up to 97% of the dust created during sanding
- For industrial/occupational use only. Not for consumer sale or use.
4. Mirka MID62520CAUS Direct Electric Random Orb
- the first random orbital electric sander using advanced brushless DC motor technology, without the need for an external power transformer.
- Performance unequaled by any competitive electric tool can now be found within reach of any standard 110 volt outlet.
- Sanders are vacuum-ready using multi-hole backing pads with hook and loop attachment.
- DEROS features digitally controlled variable speeds from 4,000 to 10,000 rpm to provide the ideal finish for a variety of applications.
5. SKIL Corded Multi-Function Detail Sander with
- POWERFUL – With a 1. 2 amp motor and 13,500 orbits per minute, it’s able to deliver a smooth performance over a variety of sanding applications.
- VERSATILITY ON THE QUICK – This 4-in-1 detail sander comes with an additional 3 detail attachments for fine finishing large surfaces corners/edges and any surface contour. These attachments are easy to change with no tool needed.
- TOUGH ON DUST – Between its micro-filtration system and the 1-1/4″ dust port for vacuum attachment you can choose your preferred way to keep dust away.
- EASY SANDING SHEET CHANGE – Hook and loop system for simple and quick sanding sheet changes.
- LOW VIBRATION – Ergonomic design and a soft rubber grip your hand stays comfortable while counterweight balance reduces hand fatigue from vibration. All so that you can work longer.
- EASY ON/OFF – Dust sealed on/off switch makes a hassle-free flip-of-the-switch during application.
Best electric sander for wood trim Buying guide
When it comes to sanding wood trim, an electric sander is the ideal tool for the job. There are many different kinds of electric sanders available on the market, and it can be difficult to know which one to choose. Here are some things to consider when selecting the best electric sander for your needs.
1. Size and Weight: Electric sanders come in a variety of sizes and weights, so it’s important to consider the size and weight of the sander before you buy. If you plan to use the sander in tight spaces, then a smaller, lighter model might be best. On the other hand, if you plan to use the sander for large projects, then a heavier, more powerful model might be more suitable.
2. Power: The power of an electric sander is an important factor to consider. Most electric sanders come with variable speed settings, so you can choose the right speed for the job. Generally speaking, the higher the power, the faster the sanding job.
3. Type: Electric sanders come in two main types: orbital and random orbital. Orbital sanders have a circular motion, while random orbital sanders have an elliptical motion. Orbital sanders are more powerful, so if you plan to sand a lot of wood, you might want to opt for an orbital sander. Random orbital sanders are better for finishing, as they provide a smoother finish.