With so many benchtop belt disc sander brands on the market like Jet, Bucktool, Skil, Rockwell, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
1. JET JSG-96 Benchtop 6″x48″ Belt / 9″ Disc San
- VERTICAL AND HORIZONTAL POSITIONING: Cast iron table has preset stops at 90° and 45°.
- LESS SLIPPAGE: Drive drum is rubber-coated for a better grip on the sanding belt.
- FAST AND EASY BELT CHANGES: Quick-release belt tension lever.
- EFFECTIVE DUST COLLCTION: A 4″ dust port collects dust from both the belt and disc.
- SIMPLE MOBILITY: Built-in handles allow for easy portability.
2. BUCKTOOL Dual Speed 1″ x 42″ Belt Disc Sander
- DUAL SPEED DIRECT DRIVEN MOTOR: 4.8A brushless induction motor can provide 1750 & 3450 RPM speeds for your different needs, 25% more sanding efficiency than belt-driven motor
- MAINTAINANCE FREE & EASY ASSEMBLE: Unlike other belt-driven motors that need yearly belt change, the brushless induction motor do not need maintenance, and you only need to install 2 work tables, then the bench belt sander will be ready to work
- MADE FOR METALWORKING: From work tables to the machine base, and even the belt frame and dust ports are made of metal, this benchtop belt disc sander is just born for metalworking like knife making and all metal polishing
- EASY BELT DISC CHANGE: The easy-remove belt cover and quick belt release system makes belt changes ever fast. Hoop & loop design sanding disc makes disc replacement super easy and does not need to use glue anymore
- MULTI-ANGLE SANDING: the work table for sanding disc can be adjusted from 0-45 degrees for your different angles sanding needs
3. SKIL 4.5 Amp Belt and Disc Combination Bencht
- TWO-IN-ONE SANDING STATION—Provides versatile sanding options for a variety of lengths and angles
- MITER GAUGE—Guides the workpiece when making crosscuts
- BELT ANGLE ADJUSTMENT—Allows for sanding from 0 to 90 degrees
- DUST PORT—Accepts standard 2 ½-inch vacuum hoses, minimizing dust in work area
- POWERFUL 4.5 AMP INDUCTION MOTOR—Power through tough jobs with consistent sanding
- QUICK TENSION RELEASE LEVER—Allows simple changes between sandpaper grits
- BEVELING TABLETOP—Sand at 0 to 45 degrees
- QUICK AND EASY MOUNTING—Pre-drilled holes in the base allow easy mounting to a benchtop
4. Rockwell Belt/Disc Combo Sander
- [HORIZONTAL & VERTICAL SANDING] The spacious 4” x 36” belt platform raises and lowers from 0-90° to accommodate almost any project
- [BEVEL EDGES] The sanding table adjusts from 0-45° for smoothing out beveled edges—you’ll have the nicest picture frames in the business
- [HEAVY INDUCTION MOTOR] Powerful 4.3-amp motor provides plenty of power to sand down all your woodworking projects
- [EASY BELT CHANGES] Quick-release tension lever lets you easily change out sandpaper grits for different projects
- [SAFETY SWITCH] Prevents accidental starts so you can confidently leave your shop when you’re done for the day and not have to worry
- [WHAT’S INCLUDED] Comes with: 1pc hex key, 1pc miter gauge, 1pc sanding disc, and 1pc sanding belt
5. JET JSG-96CS, 6″ x 48″ Belt and 9″ Disc Sande
- VERSATILITY: Large cast iron table has preset stops at 45° and 90°.
- LONG LIFE: Graphite-covered steel platen runs cooler, increasing machine and belt life.
- EFFICIENCY: Quick-release belt tension lever makes belt changes fast and easy.
- POWERFUL: 3/4-HP motor easily handles the toughest sanding operations.
- MOBILITY: Integrated locking wheels.
Best benchtop belt disc sander Buying guide
When it comes to belt disc sanders, there are a few key features you should keep in mind. First, you should look for a belt disc sander that has a powerful motor and a wide belt and disc. This will ensure your sander has enough power to tackle most sanding projects with ease. You should also look for a sander that has adjustable speed settings, so you can get the right speed for the job. Additionally, you should consider how adjustable the sander is, so you can sand in different angles and depths. Finally, you should look for a durable sander that is built to last.